Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: clarity of eigenlabs.com

Most Recent

written by: cogreslab

This issue of RAM was identified in your post:

Quote: 32 bit apps allow up to 4G of RAM. Beyond that requires a native 64 bit application. EigenD is currently 32 bit.. We are working on a port to 64 bit which will allow the use of more than 4G of RAM. This will be part of the 2.X series of EigenD.

Am I right to assume that I wouldn't be able to run 1.4.12 if I installed more than 4 Gb of RAM? This would leave me between a rock and a hard place: I may need more than 4Gb RAM to prevent crashes, but I cannot get 2.0.x (which you say above permits more than 4 Gb RAM) to work.

written by: Phatline

Mon, 16 Jan 2012 22:31:34 +0000 GMT

hi
I dont find the download section for the Windows USB-Drivers...
EigenD says, that my USB driver is out of date, i should go to www.eigenlabs.com, there it should be... after half an our i dont find any Drivers... @ all websites with drivers linked on it i know in worst case after 1 minute (from midinterfaces to motherboards to whatever) where to download drivers, here not. (this is a feedback for your website, i am new here... take it as constructive input ;-) )

Please give me a link - thx - dear phatline

written by: john

Mon, 16 Jan 2012 22:38:09 +0000 GMT

You can find the Windows device drivers for 1.4 in the free software section under resources. Here's a link.

written by: sambal

Thu, 18 Oct 2012 16:59:56 +0100 BST

hy
i try every different download but always the same problem
thanks for help

Thu, 23 May 2013 21:18:00 +0100 BST

I am getting the out of date driver message when I try to load Stage, for my eigenD 2.0.74 Pico installation, even though i downloaded 1.08. As usual the simple instruction "Visit eigenlabs.com" is not sufficiently helpful to solve the problem. I have spent all day trying to get the 2.0.74 to work.

written by: carvingCode

Fri, 24 May 2013 23:22:12 +0100 BST

congreslab - You may want to start a new thread about your problem. It's buried in this and probably will go unnoticed.

Randy

written by: geert

Sat, 25 May 2013 10:59:47 +0100 BST

Using Stage doesn't need a special driver from Eigenlabs. If your Pico is working, then the Eigenlabs driver is working and doing its job. There might be other drivers on your computer that need attention like your graphics card, but downloading drivers from the Eigenlabs website will not help you with that.

Sat, 25 May 2013 20:52:04 +0100 BST

Thanks Geert! All the indications are that the Pico software is properly installed so the only snag is this out of date driver issue. I ran Windows update for my Windows 7 so cannot think of anything else to do. I presume I should be using \Direct X and not ASIO.

Sat, 25 May 2013 23:54:56 +0100 BST

Out of date driver message. When I bought EigenD 2.0.74 a few days ago (for fifty quid even though I now learn it is to be free shortly) I was hoping it would eliminate the problem of my Pico often crashing during performance. I have now spent many fruitless hours trying to make the EigenD 2.0.74 version work. As usual, there is no helpful basic instruction about the components needed for this download. Is it backward compatible with 1.4? No. Is there any help for installing? No, you have to figure out that you need three components (as I understand it): the Resource file 1.0.0 (a 3.3 Gb file that takes all night to download; the device driver package 1.0.8; and the EigenD file 2.0.74). Why in goodness name cannot you guys tell purchasers that these are all needed to make EigenD work? We are musicians, not computer nerds. Garageband users don't have any of these self made problems. Even now I have not been able to make this upgrade work with Windows 7. I still get the message "Your USB driver is out of date", when every other program in my PC works fine. I think it is time you started considering customers and making your software work without our having to learn a whole load of jargon and perform elaborate and time consuming experiments to try to install the software. For example I am not sure whether I have to delete the EigenD 1.4 files before installing EigenD 2.0.74 or whether it is ok to leave earlier versions on the PC. You should advise this in your instructions. Next I see from my list of programs that I have also received eigend-build-2.0.74 and eigend-nongpl-2.0.74, with no explanation about what these do and how to use them. At present there is also eigenD 2.0.66 in the same three variants in my Eigenlabs program list, because I did not realise that there was a further update (i.e. eigenD 20.0.74). If I don't get this problem solved I will be asking for my money back since the software is not of merchantable quality.

Sun, 26 May 2013 01:48:46 +0100 BST

Well it's now 1.49 a.m. and I have removed version eigenD 2.0.74 and its associate programs eigen build and eigen-nongpl, and reinstalled version eigenD 1.4.12 and its driver via 1.0.8. Now my Pico works fine again. The link on your page to the "Resources Page" does not take me to a page called Resources Page, by the way, so the advice to get an uptodate driver there is useless. From this I can only conclude that the version eigenD 2.0.74 will not work without an updated driver, and there is no way I know of to obtain the allegedly updated driver it needs. Buyers of the eigenD 2.0.x versions should be provided with the proper drivers when they buy the software, and not have to download them separately or face the frustration of many hours fruitlessly trying to find a solution. Since I cannot use the eigenD 2.0 version and there is no proper advice on how to get the required driver, please refund my money or rectify the problem.

written by: john

Sun, 26 May 2013 08:48:05 +0100 BST

The latest driver for Windows is 1.0.8, the one available on the resources page here. If you have this version installed then it is very unlikely that you have a driver issue with EigenD, it is more likely that something else on you system is out of date or broken. From your description here it is not possible for us to know what that might be, and if you have recently upgraded the system then this is in fact quite likely as upgrades are often imperfect. I recall from the last issue you had that your PC is quite non-standard and it seems quite likely that you have an issue connected with this that is causing you trouble.

EigenD versions can be kept in parallel and many people keep multiple versions on their computer, running the latest in rehearsal and an older version in live performance. The separate versions do not interfere with each other and can use the same driver. Simply delete the older versions if you do not want them.

The extra programs that were installed are the new developer features for those that wish to write and compile their own agents, we ship them as standard now to make peoples lives easier. You can ignore them if you do not wish to use them, or simply delete them.

I will ask Wayne to refund your payment for EigenD 2 when he gets back from holiday as it seems unlikely that we can help you with this issue - it seems much more to do with your Windows install than anything we can fix.

John

Mon, 27 May 2013 18:59:42 +0100 BST

First, many thanks John, for replying on a holiday Sunday! I appreciate your prompt willingness to help. The PC I have is a bogstandard Compac and I also have bought a bogstandard HP Pavilion dm1 which not only has 4Gb RAM but will open flat for use on a music stand. The Compac has Windows 7 Pro and the HP has Windows 7 Premium Edition. They are both working perfectly. I don't think my hardware or my software is the problem. Yes, I have installed 1.08, but your webpage (called "Latest Release", though you call it Resource Page, which is confusing) says to install 1.0.4 via the Resource page but the link does not work and drivers are not on any page called Resource Page (there is no such page in your website) so maybe your website is out of date and needs clearer headings.

I also have installed Resource file 1.0.0 and it may be a good idea here for you to suggest to users that they download the six segments simultaneously since that is much quicker (about an hour) than downloading the entire program in one go (six hours).

Pleased to hear that I can keep earlier versions on the PC without interference with upgrades. That eliminates one possible reason why the upgrade is not working on my kit. As I said, after I reinstalled the original 1.4.12 eigenD the Pico worked fine again, so I suggest that there is nothing wrong with my set up. I had hoped that the upgrade to 2.0.x would solve the intermittent crashes I get even though I have 4Gb of RAM. Am I right in understanding that although there is a lower memory requirement the 2.0.x upgrade will not perform any more efficiently and that the only changes are the Strummer etc programs? Do you think that if my HP dm1 can be upgraded to 8Gb RAM this might cure the problem? Are any other Pico users facing this hungry RAM problem, perhaps? Finally since the 1.4.12 version of eigenD works fine on my Pico this eliminates the possibility that the Pico itself has any hardware fault.

Thanks for organising the refund. I have spent about fifteen fruitless hours trying to get the upgrade to work, and I leave you to imagine my disappointment. Maybe in a year or so the 2.0. x upgrades will have eliminated these infuriating bugs. Meanwhile, if you like, I will bring my Pico and my computers down to Devon from South Wales so you can learn the nature of this bug better at first hand.

Mon, 27 May 2013 19:18:04 +0100 BST

This issue of RAM was identified in your post:

Quote: 32 bit apps allow up to 4G of RAM. Beyond that requires a native 64 bit application. EigenD is currently 32 bit.. We are working on a port to 64 bit which will allow the use of more than 4G of RAM. This will be part of the 2.X series of EigenD.

Am I right to assume that I wouldn't be able to run 1.4.12 if I installed more than 4 Gb of RAM? This would leave me between a rock and a hard place: I may need more than 4Gb RAM to prevent crashes, but I cannot get 2.0.x (which you say above permits more than 4 Gb RAM) to work.

Please log in to join the discussions