Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: all scaler hey scale to major set

Most Recent

written by: geert

Hi Bjoern,

Scales can be set both on the kgroup and the scaler. Since a scaler is connected after a kgroup, there's an override flag on each scaler that you have to set for the scaler's scale to override the kgroup scale. The Belcanto for this is:

all scaler hey all override un set

This Belcanto also shows what was missing from the line about that sets all scaler's scales, ie. a second 'all' keyword:

all scaler hey all scale input to major set

You'll also notice that I used 'scale input' instead of 'scale' here since when you use the 'all' construct, Belcanto looks for everything that could match in the agents. There's an output port on the scaler agent that also contains the 'scale' word (scale note output) and setting that to a scale isn't valid. By using 'scale input', only the actual ports for setting the scales are selecting by the 'all' construct.

Hope this helps,

Geert

written by: Bjoern

Fri, 16 Dec 2011 21:29:10 +0000 GMT

Hi all,

I am trying to use belcanto to set the scale on a pico.

scaler 1 hey scale to major set

is accepted, but doesn't affect the pico. The scaler numbers are given here http://www.eigenlabs.com/wiki/1.4/Factory_Pico_1_Scaler_Numbers/ and so the above should work. Why doesn't it?

Trying to set all scalers:
all scaler hey scale to major set
doesn't work ("inappropriate arguments given for the verb set") and similar if I try this with "empty join", "all scaler listen".

Just to check: The following works
all scaler hey all k range to 0 set

Any thoughts?
Bjoern

written by: jaself

Fri, 16 Dec 2011 21:43:13 +0000 GMT

Try this instead:
kgroup 1 hey scale to major set

or

kgroup 1 hey scale to user 1 set

written by: Bjoern

Fri, 16 Dec 2011 22:11:09 +0000 GMT

Great - addressing the kgroup in that way works! Thanks!

The second method sets the scale to chromatic, I guess that's user scale 1?

Do you know why the "all scaler" approach doesn't work?

written by: jaself

Fri, 16 Dec 2011 22:40:16 +0000 GMT

The "user 1" scale, is a 17-tone equal tempered example scale for user defined scripts in your ~/Library/EigenLabs/Scale Manager/User Scripts.txt

written by: geert

Sat, 31 Dec 2011 09:40:15 +0000 GMT

Hi Bjoern,

Scales can be set both on the kgroup and the scaler. Since a scaler is connected after a kgroup, there's an override flag on each scaler that you have to set for the scaler's scale to override the kgroup scale. The Belcanto for this is:

all scaler hey all override un set

This Belcanto also shows what was missing from the line about that sets all scaler's scales, ie. a second 'all' keyword:

all scaler hey all scale input to major set

You'll also notice that I used 'scale input' instead of 'scale' here since when you use the 'all' construct, Belcanto looks for everything that could match in the agents. There's an output port on the scaler agent that also contains the 'scale' word (scale note output) and setting that to a scale isn't valid. By using 'scale input', only the actual ports for setting the scales are selecting by the 'all' construct.

Hope this helps,

Geert

Please log in to join the discussions