Forum rss-feed

Forum

Developers: Eigenharp Developers Conference

Most Recent

written by: neil

We now have all the presentations available to view on video and pdfs to download here http://www.eigenlabs.com/wiki/DevCon_2012/

Enjoy.......

written by: keyman

Wed, 12 Oct 2011 16:07:58 +0100 BST

eheh feel the same way, Mike (was holding myself)

Now I have a Rare and unique musical GUN instrument, with stickers saying Fragile....

keyman

written by: geert

Wed, 12 Oct 2011 16:12:18 +0100 BST

We need a new word:

Eigunstrument

written by: 0beron

Wed, 12 Oct 2011 16:25:32 +0100 BST

Reminds me of the series of questions I was asked when I took my wind controller through Stansted - including the home made battery pack complete with sellotape and crocodile clips - looked like it was going to explode any minute!

Probably best it was in my hand luggage so I could explain rather than have them destroy my main bag just in case...

written by: john

Wed, 12 Oct 2011 17:02:15 +0100 BST

Good thing Mark never implemented the Whiskey/Cocaine dispenser function that he kept arguing was essential to a properly functioning breath pipe for musicians. Can you imagine taking that through security?

written by: barnone

Wed, 12 Oct 2011 19:37:19 +0100 BST

Some things you don't know you need until someone invents it.

Eigenharp for instance.
Whiskey dispensor - YES!

written by: GoneCaving

Wed, 19 Oct 2011 08:48:35 +0100 BST

Looks like I can make either date in Jan.
D

written by: 0beron

Wed, 19 Oct 2011 10:40:37 +0100 BST

Is there any idea yet of what sort of level of understanding we ought to be at prior to this event? I'm familiar with C++ and python syntax, having used them at work, but the highly parallel nature of EigenD makes it a very different beast to anything I've seen before, and I'm struggling to find my way around.

I don't want to be holding things up come the time, so any ideas on what to look at first would be great, it'll stop me from asking stupid questions all the time.

written by: GoneCaving

Thu, 3 Nov 2011 08:20:09 +0000 GMT

Hi all,
Has a date for this been set yet?

Dunc

Fri, 4 Nov 2011 01:11:35 +0000 GMT

Same question

written by: jsn

Fri, 4 Nov 2011 08:15:53 +0000 GMT

Ditto.

How about setting up a page on the wiki w/ details and a sign-up sheet? Save having to read this whole forum thread and gauge numbers/attendees (could also poll dates if its not clear which is best for attendees)

Sat, 5 Nov 2011 01:20:39 +0000 GMT

Ditto...3

written by: dkah

Sun, 6 Nov 2011 22:28:32 +0000 GMT

Ok more than one month late, but would be interested too. Unfortunately I have a fixed workday on Friday 13 January, which is problematically also abroad. So if I would have to fly home and fetch the Eigenharp, I could probably make it late Saturnday afternoon, but better than nothing.
If I am lucky I could be there late Friday evening. Is the Alpha required or would it be enough, if I show up with my Pico?
And a sign-up and poll would be great.

Mon, 7 Nov 2011 13:10:19 +0000 GMT

I've created a Wiki page for everyone to express their interest on and give us some information. You can find it here. Please cut and paste the relevant section and fill it in. We'll make a decision as to the viability and which weekend after we've seen your entries there. Please feel free to share any further information that you think we might need.

cheers

John

Thu, 24 Nov 2011 17:34:24 +0000 GMT

Judging by the responses, the 20/21/22nd Jan looks the best, so that's what we're going to go for. It looks like we can just about accommodate everyone (including Stefan) somewhere or other (you may end up on a camp bed if you're on your own, but hopefully not). Jessica will be in touch with you all in the next couple of days to make arrangements and coordinate travel so that we can get you picked up from the station if you need it.

We'll put an agenda together here in the next couple of days and I'll see about arranging some catering. I'd like to invite everyone to submit suggestions for what things they'd like covered in any presentations, please use this thread to do that in the next day or so. We're going to aim for a mixture of short presentations from us and a lot of collaborative coding time.

There will also be some instruments available here - someone can borrow my Alpha and we may have several of our loaner instruments at home at the time, so those of you flying may not need to bring your Alpha's. We'll see whats available in the next couple of days and contact you directly.

John

Thu, 24 Nov 2011 19:11:29 +0000 GMT

Very Happy to hear this good news!!

keyman

PS. upss, my post just overlap your last one.
@John, one more "sticky your announcement "... please

Thu, 24 Nov 2011 20:19:50 +0000 GMT

Nice, was just going to say that we need a firm date and here it is.

It would be nice not to have to travel all the way from West Coast USA with my Alpha, but I'm flexible.

Perfect timing as can look at travel over our holiday here.

Thu, 24 Nov 2011 20:43:08 +0000 GMT

Hi Chris

If you want to come over a bit early to have a little time to recover from jetlag, we can put you up, just let me know. Its a long way from the west coast....

John

written by: dhjdhj

Thu, 24 Nov 2011 21:06:22 +0000 GMT

Will this conference be restricted to EigenD development or is there interest in discussing other environments?

Thu, 24 Nov 2011 22:12:01 +0000 GMT

If you mean MAX, no, we won't be covering that. We only have 2/3 days and won't have time for third party applications - this is a conference for C++/Python developers, writing Agents for and working on EigenD.

Thu, 24 Nov 2011 22:27:33 +0000 GMT

@John
Thx for the offer. Yeah I was thinking I would be pretty destroyed arriving on the 20th. I think I will shoot for the 19th. Looks like my wife is not coming, so I'll be solo. Maybe that will make a little more room. I'll update that on the wiki, Thx.

Please log in to join the discussions