Forum rss-feed

Forum

Tau: Changing scales from pedalboard

Most Recent

written by: fcolasanto

In fact I did it. I created my own setup and it works great.

Thanks

Fri, 8 Jul 2011 21:24:39 +0100 BST

Hi there,

It's not a surprise to say that belcanto could be very powerful but very bad documented....so I'd like to know if somebody could show me how to change scales from Midi in port

Thanks a lot

written by: keyman

Sat, 9 Jul 2011 02:54:47 +0100 BST

Hi, Francisco...
Let me, as a common user, totally disagree on the "bad documented"...
There's This Post and last reply from John, I advice you to read...

I'll leave it here...

The USB stick that ships with the instrument contains the last fully stable version of the software, the 1.2 branch. This is now quite old and does not contain Stage which was introduced in the 1.3 series, which is currently in Testing. It is however very near being the new Stable release, we have a few bugs to iron out first but it will only be a week or two before it is the new standard. Many players are now using 1.3 as if it is stable as it is so much better than the 1.2 branch, it has a lot of new features. You can download it on the software page here. It's an incremental update, so quick to download and install. It also, lie all versions of EigenD, leaves your previous versions intact so should you find it not to your taste you can simply go back to running the 1.2 that you already have installed.

On another note, Belcanto is not actually a programming language and is in fact designed to have a very simple syntax that is easy for musicians to learn. It has proved to be quite good in this respect and more advanced players (many of whom are not programmers in the slightest) use it extensively - it also provides the 'power tool' wherby the system can widely adapted to ones style of playig in a way that a GUI would not enable. It is not however a GUI, and for certain tasks (and for beginners) GUI controls are geneally easier, and this is what Stage (and the soon to be launched Workbench product) is aimed at. I think you will enjoy using it, please give us your feedback. Stage, btw, has a manual page here onthe Wiki. I do encourage you to read the Wiki, it is now extensive in terms of documentation and we have been adding to it consistently over the last year. It is the principal manual for the Eigenharps. If you find it missing things, please let us know, and feel free to contribute if you have the time. Comments from beginners are particularly welcome as the first couple of weeks of owning any new instrument are always hard.

We can't make learning the Eigeharp trivial, they are complex and demanding instruments by nature (and I don't believe that one can truly say that learning any expressive new instrument is easy), but we are working on making the early experience as easy as humanly possible. Stage has gone a long way to helping this.

John

On to you're request... Thru the WIKI and the Videos Seminars there's all the info needed HERE you can see the MIDI mapping, that's implemented.

Missing you're instrument PICO? TAU? or ALPHA?

keyman

written by: mikemilton

Sat, 9 Jul 2011 14:26:27 +0100 BST

The scale is set by using midi note 72 thru 79
The tonic is set using midi note 60 thru 71

This is more completely documented in the release note to 1.1.24 stable near page 8. It is in the folder for that release in your applications folder (as are the setup guides.

Tue, 19 Jul 2011 01:36:58 +0100 BST

Hi. In fact I could make it work....but not with the factory setup but doing my own. In fact I created an entire interface wi

Tue, 19 Jul 2011 01:41:46 +0100 BST

In fact I did it. I created my own setup and it works great.

Thanks

Please log in to join the discussions