Forum rss-feed

Forum

Sounds: Assigning high pass filter to strip controller for drums, on Pico

Most Recent

written by: catoro

nop, you will be able to use the loops, to use the strip is something different... when belcanto is released I´m going to try to write my first script about this...

cheers.

Carlos

written by: sandyjmacdonald

Wed, 27 Jan 2010 01:58:46 +0000 GMT

In one of the videos of the Eigenharp Alpha, they set a high pass to the strip controller for the drums. Is it possible to set this up on the Pico, and if so, how do I do it?

Thanks, in advance!

Wed, 27 Jan 2010 08:00:18 +0000 GMT

I´ve been able to use the strip on a Korg synth hooked via Midi in ableton.
There is a post from John Lambert himself on the drums ladder filter here:

Post on ladder filter for drums

Carlos

Wed, 27 Jan 2010 10:43:17 +0000 GMT

Thanks Carlos!

Is it possible to get it working with drum loops in Garageband?

Wed, 27 Jan 2010 13:56:32 +0000 GMT

Can´t say really... the issue here is that I´m using the eigenharp to trigger sounds from my MicroX and I found that drumloops from the synth banks respond to filtering.

Belcanto may be useful for this...

Carlos

written by: fzzzy

Thu, 28 Jan 2010 01:50:09 +0000 GMT

Yes. The samples are in /usr/pi/loop (in the Finder, in the Go menu, choose Go to Folder and type it in)

Thu, 28 Jan 2010 08:01:50 +0000 GMT

About the drum loops just make an alias and you will be able to acces the pi contents from any application (this directory is hidden as it will install under the /usr folder).

If you want to see its contents you should reveal hidden folders, a practice that I recommend to be performed only if you know what you are doing as if you have hidden stuff is for a good reason (you could render your system inoperable).

A google search on revealing hidden directories using the terminal will give you what you need, then make an alias, move the alias to another place and proceed to hide again the hiden folders, then your will be good to go and everytime you click on the alias you will be safely directed to the apple loops provided by eigenlabs.

once again, exercise extreme caution when you reveal hidden folders in MacOS as you can render your system unoperable.

Carlos

Thu, 28 Jan 2010 10:39:15 +0000 GMT

Thanks fzzzy and Carlos.

So do I have to copy them to eigenD then? And will the strip controller work with them?

Thu, 28 Jan 2010 11:28:31 +0000 GMT

nop, you will be able to use the loops, to use the strip is something different... when belcanto is released I´m going to try to write my first script about this...

cheers.

Carlos

Please log in to join the discussions