Forum rss-feed

Forum

Pico: Filtering drum loops

Most Recent

written by: ivan

Is abovementioned script available now?

written by: catoro

Tue, 8 Dec 2009 23:16:20 +0000 GMT

I´ve connected my pico using the IAC driver and routed the output towards my M-Audio interface to trigger sounds from my Korg MicroX, when it came to the drum loops of the synthesizer the ribbon automatically acted as a really cool filter on the output (similar to the filters used by DJs),

I´ve found that very cool and kind of useful to add some dynamics to the loops. However I haven´t find the way to mimic that behavior using the provided loops in the EigenD software... I know that it could be difficult to handle specially having in mind the location of the ribbon, but I really think that this will spice any drum loop.

Eigen guys... is this possible?

written by: john

Wed, 9 Dec 2009 08:19:29 +0000 GMT

Hi Carlos

Yes, its possible but it requires some plumbing. Dave does exactly that on his Alpha in quite a few performances (you can see him using it on Youtube in places), using our own 'ladder filter' (a native EigenD Moog style filter) on drum loops. You're right, it's a really neat thing to do.

We'll make enabling you to do this this one of our priorities as soon as we release the scripting interface in the browser - it's a five line script.

John

written by: catoro

Wed, 9 Dec 2009 08:27:06 +0000 GMT

Thanks John... I believe that this will make a really fun effect for live performances... I´ve just remember and I´ve seen one video of Dave doing the filter thing.

Any prospective dates for the release of the scripting interface? I would really like to try it and see what we can do with it.

A pitty I will not be able to join you guys this time... but work is calling...

written by: john

Wed, 9 Dec 2009 08:57:07 +0000 GMT

We were hoping to get an 'unstable' release out with the first pass of scripting this week, but we have been chasing a very hard to find, horrible bug in 1.0.6 and have only just found it, so it has delayed us a little. Certainly in the next couple of weeks though - quite possibly sooner.

John

written by: ivan

Thu, 2 Sep 2010 13:22:12 +0100 BST

Is abovementioned script available now?

Please log in to join the discussions