Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: 'Win an Eigenharp Alpha' competition entries

Most Recent

written by: davidhenderson

Congrats to all the winners!

How about special discounts on Tau's and Alpha's for all contestants? Why?

Doesn't it make sense for Eigen to push the "early adopters" up the product value chain?

Just a thought... :-)

written by: karmacomposer

Thu, 1 Apr 2010 16:57:37 +0100 BST

Yep - best of luck to everyone. There are some truly terrific performances amongst the group, however, EVERYONE is a winner because at least they TRIED!

Mike

written by: stuwyatt

Thu, 1 Apr 2010 17:34:27 +0100 BST

I think the competition really put the pressure on us new Pico owners to get to know the instrument, and I think for everyone, it has been quite a challenging experience... but definitely a rewarding one. I feel for you KarmaComposer with your health situation... I had a nasty relapse myself that I'm only just coming out of (timing really does suck), hence why I was not able to record any more entries. But the end of the competition won't prevent me from continuing to produce youtube vids. I'm just glad that I can now go beyond the 6 min mark ;)

I've been very impressed and inspired by everyone's performances throughout the competition, and I think that the judges decision will be a tricky one to make. One suggestion that I might make to the judges is if there is a tie between two people, it might be worth considering splitting the Alpha into two Tau's (if the 2 people agree)?... It could make your task easier.

Anyway - I just want to thank the people at Eigenlabs for giving me the tools to be a musician again, and a huge thanks to the community here. Its been a ball so far :)

Thu, 1 Apr 2010 19:50:46 +0100 BST

I would FREAK if a few people won the Tau!!!!

Mike

written by: catoro

Fri, 2 Apr 2010 13:31:20 +0100 BST

I agree with Stu... this whole experience of trying to compose with such a vanguardist instrument was very nice. I would like to express my recognition to all contestants and wish them the best. I guess the decision will not be easy and whoever wins will deserve it.
I'll continue posting more videos and trying to help when possible in the forums... we are growing here a very nice community of users and above all this is the big prize.
Thanks to John and the eigenlab guys too.

Cheers.
Carlos

Mon, 5 Apr 2010 05:12:17 +0100 BST

I also forgot to hyperlink it.

Mike Felker's Pico Demo

Hopefully that works now.

Mike

Wed, 14 Apr 2010 03:02:37 +0100 BST

Any news or progress?

Mike

written by: geert

Wed, 14 Apr 2010 09:38:35 +0100 BST

@karmacomposer Today at midnight GMT, the two weeks of 'decision time' specified in the competition rules are over. I thus suspect the results to be communicated the latest tomorrow. However, Eigenlabs sent out an email on the 6th of April, also stating a 2 week delay. So it's a bit confusing when exactly the winner will be announced, it could still take 6 days :-/

written by: aaronw

Wed, 14 Apr 2010 17:32:14 +0100 BST

Hi All,

Thank you again for your entries to the Win an Alpha competition, all the entries were of a very high standard. As I am sure you are aware the result of the competition was due to be announced tomorrow. So all the judges can give every entry the consideration it deserves we have decided to delay the announcement of the winner until the 30th April 2010. Due to the volume and standard of the entries we have also added a runner-up prize. Details of this will be announced on the 30th April.

Thank you again for taking the time to enter, and although the competition is over keep those videos coming!

Cheers

Aaron
Customer Support

Wed, 14 Apr 2010 17:32:36 +0100 BST

Hi All,

Thank you again for your entries to the Win an Alpha competition, all the entries were of a very high standard. As I am sure you are aware the result of the competition was due to be announced tomorrow. So all the judges can give every entry the consideration it deserves we have decided to delay the announcement of the winner until the 30th April 2010. Due to the volume and standard of the entries we have also added a runner-up prize. Details of this will be announced on the 30th April.

Thank you again for taking the time to enter, and although the competition is over keep those videos coming!

Cheers

Aaron
Customer Support

Wed, 14 Apr 2010 20:24:41 +0100 BST

Wow. Exciting stuff. I have no problem being patient.

Mike

Fri, 30 Apr 2010 17:19:05 +0100 BST

After much deliberation on the part of the judges we are pleased to announce the winner of the 'Win an Eigenharp Alpha' competition is Curtis Stansfield:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhktaAoYQqQ

It was a very hard competition to judge - there were an good number of great entries and the general standard, particularly playing on a totally new instrument, was very good.

We'd also like to announce that we will be awarding runner up prizes of a copies of Arturia's Software Synth Collection (worth £400) to Lukasz Piwek (Geek On Acid) for his 'Spontaneous Electronic Facilitation', and Geert Bevin for his 'Winter Movement':

Lukasz Piwek
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHNGmc8nKs8

Geert Bevin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-PofqMhzAo

Honourable mentions and an Eigenlabs laptop bag go to Kayla Kavanagh for her solo Pico piano performance in York Minster and to Piotr Chlipalski and Irene Folusz for both the first Pico duet and the first Pico version of 'Smoke On The Water', which made John Lambert laugh a lot.

Kayla Kavanagh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIswjc8bRKI

Piotr Chlipalski and Ireneusz Folusz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTNc7dd7VJU

Congratulations and thanks to everyone who took part - we all really enjoyed seeing entries come in and watching people's Pico skills evolve throughout the competition was fantastic.

The Eigenlabs Team

Fri, 30 Apr 2010 18:11:05 +0100 BST

Congratulations to all the winners!

Mike

written by: davidhenderson

Thu, 20 May 2010 18:30:12 +0100 BST

Congrats to all the winners!

How about special discounts on Tau's and Alpha's for all contestants? Why?

Doesn't it make sense for Eigen to push the "early adopters" up the product value chain?

Just a thought... :-)

Please log in to join the discussions