Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: 'Win an Eigenharp Alpha' competition entries

Most Recent

written by: davidhenderson

Congrats to all the winners!

How about special discounts on Tau's and Alpha's for all contestants? Why?

Doesn't it make sense for Eigen to push the "early adopters" up the product value chain?

Just a thought... :-)

written by: benjamind2008

Mon, 22 Feb 2010 10:21:29 +0000 GMT

Velvet Hound

It's a WIVI saxophone demonstration, showing off WIVI's phenomenal handling of realtime dynamics and note transitions. Full of expressive playing with the occasional overblows. Starts off with an alto sax, then a baritone, then soprano and finally tenor.

Ben

written by: catoro

Tue, 23 Feb 2010 10:36:16 +0000 GMT

Hi guys....This is my third entry for the Eigenharp contest. This song was recorded live routing both midi and audio to Ableton Live, I used my Pod X3 Live pedalboard to arm the inputs and its pedal for volume and expression (used in Midi mode), this will be my setup for live situations.
The song was made using the samples and sounds provided by Eigenlabs in the EigenD software, the only external sample (base drum) was made by me using an old drum machine, rest is what comes in the box, I hope this can exemplify what this incredible instrument i capable of.

Rounds

written by: stuwyatt

Tue, 23 Feb 2010 16:43:24 +0000 GMT

I'm in the middle of quite a big health relapse at the moment, and as such, I haven't really been able to play much on the Pico over the past week or so. The meds from the GP have amplified the fatigue quite badly, so I'm not sure if I am going to be able to do much more before the deadline...

So I'll submit a snippet from Saturday's jam as my 2nd entry:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj4szEzb28Q

I was having problems towards the end of the piece even finding the strength to blow the pico... making it look a lot harder than it is.... so I'm not sure it is a good video to show what a Pico can do, but I'll submit it nonetheless.

written by: benvdz

Thu, 25 Feb 2010 13:28:48 +0000 GMT

My first entry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W_JBDMA678

written by: KaylaK

Fri, 26 Feb 2010 00:39:11 +0000 GMT

My fourth entry, making use of the fantastic MIDI In/Clocking option syncing the Pico to the Boss RC-50 (vocal looping):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaPlx-7Vqw4

Kayla x

written by: lpiwek

Fri, 26 Feb 2010 11:47:00 +0000 GMT

Hi everyone,
Great clips guys! Here is my addition:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHNGmc8nKs8

Cheers,
Geek On Acid

written by: lpiwek

Fri, 26 Feb 2010 11:48:00 +0000 GMT

Uh forgot to hyperlink it...

Geek On Acid Clip

Fri, 26 Feb 2010 16:11:04 +0000 GMT

This is my third entry for the competition: Wednesdays Jam...

written by: keyman

Sat, 27 Feb 2010 13:12:13 +0000 GMT

Hello to everyone...
Here's my ..."little music box"

enjoy! :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA1TldCElCI

keyman

written by: karmacomposer

Sat, 27 Feb 2010 15:07:39 +0000 GMT

Is this over tomorrow? We had a death in the family (my father) and I have been out of town all week. That, combined with the fact that I JUST received my Pico after waiting 2 darn weeks for it to arrive (PMT, not Eigenlabs) means I have had ZERO time to learn or practice with it.

I will TRY to whip something up by tomorrow, but considering I am still out of town due to the funeral and mourning means that I will have only a few hours to come up with something once I get back into town.

Mike

written by: geert

Sat, 27 Feb 2010 15:09:57 +0000 GMT

@karmacomposer, the competition rules state that they can extend it for a month if there are less than 30 entries, which is the case. So there's a possibility that tomorrow is not the last day. We'll have to wait for an official statement about this though. I'm personally keeping my 6th entry open in case there's another month.

written by: marcfm

Sun, 28 Feb 2010 21:30:22 +0000 GMT

Good luck everyone!
www.youtube.com/user/maggiomarc#p/u/6/THycTnR4yQk

written by: marcfm

Sun, 28 Feb 2010 21:42:28 +0000 GMT

hello world
are all very good
I have a question, do you know if competition is allowed in other musical instruments or sounds different from the pico?
thanks

written by: keyman

Sun, 28 Feb 2010 21:49:40 +0000 GMT

Hello to everyone...
My second entry for the Eigenharp ALPHA competition.
enjoy! :-)

Off the dust from the "snake"

keyman

written by: karmacomposer

Sun, 28 Feb 2010 22:41:00 +0000 GMT

GREAT NEWS! I just received the email from Eigenlabs. The contest is extended 30 days - NOW I can practice and get good at playing this thing.

I wonder if the PC drivers will be out (in beta) before then?

Mike

Mon, 1 Mar 2010 10:30:34 +0000 GMT

@ marcfm to the best of my knowledge there are no limitations for this..

cheers.

Carlos

Mon, 1 Mar 2010 10:50:52 +0000 GMT

@marcfm, you can use any sounds or virtual instruments that are playing with the Pico. You can't however use other controllers that play notes or backing tracks that aren't triggered by the Pico. The competition rules state this and John seems to have confirmed this on another thread on this forum.

Mon, 1 Mar 2010 12:55:45 +0000 GMT

Its good news that the competition has been extended. I had a nasty health relapse shortly after getting the Pico, and I simply haven't been able to spend much time on it at all. I'm currently limiting myself to an hour every few days at the moment. However, the relapse is showing signs of lifting.... :)

I was stressing that I'd only managed 3 entries before the deadline. Now I can relax and remind myself that I have a month to work on 3 others for the competition :)

Tue, 2 Mar 2010 10:23:18 +0000 GMT

I thought that this thread was becoming a bit unwieldy, I've aggregated all the entries here in a section on EigenZone:
http://eigenzone.org/tag/competition/

I'll keep it updated over the next month, this should make it easier to see all the entries.

Sun, 14 Mar 2010 22:44:25 +0000 GMT

Hi guys.. I've uploaded a new entry here... Stand by me

Please log in to join the discussions