Forum rss-feed

Forum

Help: Beginner help

Most Recent

written by: TheTechnobear

Id get used to using the factory setups first and play the pico lots ... before getting into customisation.
you'll find you can do most things without resorting to much/any customisation

also, to customise, you need to have a good understanding of what the setups do and how.
... also, you will learn that there are good reasons why the factory setups work the way they do, that are not at first immediately obvious.

once you have that - fire up workbench and look at the connects and agents and its pretty straightforward to see broadly whats going on. (cross reference to the EigenD reference here )

there are quite a few 'gottchas' (e.g. giving wires from key groups to rigs a unique channel number), but if you shout if you have any issues, someone will help you out :)

but seriously, play lots and enjoy the factory setups...
the customising side, is a pretty steep learning curve, and if you don't balance with lots of playing, can become a bit frustrating.

also might want to try my PicoMix setup, its a bit different from the factory setups, see post at g+ PicoMix07
(sorry in advance for poor/no documentation!)

written by: wergythu

Mon, 20 Jan 2014 20:57:38 +0000 GMT

Hi,

Just received a pico +EigenD Pro and am trying to get acquainted with them. I'm a tech and electronic music guy (EWI, ableton live, lots of soft-synths) but there are a lot of linked components to get my head around - is there someplace I should/can start to understand how it all fits together beyond the basic tutorial videos (which don't cover workbench or the level of customization that I want to do).

Thanks!

written by: keyman

Mon, 20 Jan 2014 22:11:54 +0000 GMT

There is a group of user very active on Google G+
A Eigenharp Community
https://plus.google.com/s/eigenharp/communities

Edit:
Excellent iBook from Mike Milton for free

https://itunes.apple.com/pt/book/exploring-the-eigenharp/id529569334?l=en&mt=11

written by: cellular_model

Tue, 21 Jan 2014 09:49:50 +0000 GMT

Try starting with the midi basic setup. It is way simpler than the defaults(factory). Use workbench to study its connections. Learn about agents' ports and settings in the reference here. Watch those videos
http://www.eigenlabs.com/wiki/Building_instruments_Part_1/
and try to recreate the same thing using the workbench.

If you don't understand the meaning of a certain parameter/setting and you don't want to ask for help for some reason, look into the code of eigend. It's open source and hosted on github.

And yes, go to G+.

Good luck.

written by: TheTechnobear

Tue, 21 Jan 2014 13:56:42 +0000 GMT

Id get used to using the factory setups first and play the pico lots ... before getting into customisation.
you'll find you can do most things without resorting to much/any customisation

also, to customise, you need to have a good understanding of what the setups do and how.
... also, you will learn that there are good reasons why the factory setups work the way they do, that are not at first immediately obvious.

once you have that - fire up workbench and look at the connects and agents and its pretty straightforward to see broadly whats going on. (cross reference to the EigenD reference here )

there are quite a few 'gottchas' (e.g. giving wires from key groups to rigs a unique channel number), but if you shout if you have any issues, someone will help you out :)

but seriously, play lots and enjoy the factory setups...
the customising side, is a pretty steep learning curve, and if you don't balance with lots of playing, can become a bit frustrating.

also might want to try my PicoMix setup, its a bit different from the factory setups, see post at g+ PicoMix07
(sorry in advance for poor/no documentation!)

Please log in to join the discussions