Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: #EigenChallenge2014 - Discussion

Most Recent

written by: TheTechnobear

oh, I like the romantic notion of pick up and play ... and you have gone all logic and reason on me :)

Ok, so we are now into Feb... have people started considering their February project?

Im going to each month to work on some different aspect of my skill base ... lots to work on so no trouble finding candidates.

This month my aim is to working on layering, so to record multiple parts as its a skill id love to develop,
this also means I need to improve my timing ... so thats good to.

Ive also had to sort out my setup - Live9 and all the associated timing issues, which is what Ive been doing over last week or so (as well as starting to work on the music side.

other peoples thoughts? pet project... or just going to go with the flow and see what happens?

Tue, 7 Jan 2014 23:32:50 +0000 GMT

Entries should be on the #EigenChallenge2014 - Entries thread

Wish you had made more use of your Eigenharp in 2013?
or perhaps your new to the eigenharp this year?
or just want a challenge for 2014?

Then take up the 2014 Eigen Challenge… just produce one piece a month (or as much as you can)

This thread is for open discussion on the challenge, perhaps about ideas you are developing for your piece for the month ahead, suggestions for a ‘theme’ to aid creativity. Also, for constructive feedback about entries.

please note : this is a 'community challenge' and not sanctioned or run in any way by eigenlabs.

Tue, 7 Jan 2014 23:25:47 +0000 GMT

(this post is intentionally left blank)

written by: keyman

Wed, 8 Jan 2014 01:29:13 +0000 GMT

@The Technobear
Thanks for creating the threads ;-)

Just came to my mind I had a challenge up… and could pick it up, also feel free to any one, as an inspiration!

Collaborative Challenge Eigenharp Project
http://www.eigenlabs.com/forum/threads/id/1194/?page=1#snap_post10237

So I will choose another image - NASA "Earth As Art"

Wed, 8 Jan 2014 12:22:44 +0000 GMT

great idea, Id forgotten about those images (Id only just got my pico back then)… very inspirational.

written by: Zygurt

Thu, 9 Jan 2014 12:06:00 +0000 GMT

I'm jumping in with this. Particularly as a way of becoming familiar with the Alpha. I've already performed with it, but I still feel more comfortable with the Pico. I'm sure that the alpha will quickly become my instrument of choice. The extended range is amazing to play with.

Tue, 28 Jan 2014 10:07:17 +0000 GMT

A few days left for January…

Im really enjoying the entries. great to see the variety and the eigenharps in use.

This month, it seems the #EigenWarriors weapon of choice is the Pico. Perhaps not surprising as its just so much fun to pick up play… and the results are really impressive…

Any more going to join in the fun?
You have a few more days, plenty of time to spend a a little bit of quality time with your harp… and produce something :o)

written by: martinthompson

Fri, 31 Jan 2014 11:39:37 +0000 GMT

This month, it seems the #EigenWarriors weapon of choice is the Pico.

In my case the decision is purely financial :) I'd love a Tau (or even an Alpha!) - hopefully Eigenlabs will still be making them when I've save up!

written by: keyman

Sat, 1 Feb 2014 12:48:27 +0000 GMT

For me its all about forth coming new show for toddlers will be upgrading from using a Pico to Double Pico;
Will be my third show where the Pico simply excels!

Sun, 2 Feb 2014 14:43:31 +0000 GMT

oh, I like the romantic notion of pick up and play ... and you have gone all logic and reason on me :)

Ok, so we are now into Feb... have people started considering their February project?

Im going to each month to work on some different aspect of my skill base ... lots to work on so no trouble finding candidates.

This month my aim is to working on layering, so to record multiple parts as its a skill id love to develop,
this also means I need to improve my timing ... so thats good to.

Ive also had to sort out my setup - Live9 and all the associated timing issues, which is what Ive been doing over last week or so (as well as starting to work on the music side.

other peoples thoughts? pet project... or just going to go with the flow and see what happens?

Please log in to join the discussions