Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: Cubase _ Note - Expression

Most Recent

written by: TomD

It seems to me that the EigenD software needs to host VST3 plugins directly, so the mapping can be done without midi.

does cubase support osc? could that be used for realtime note expression messages?

written by: map

Mon, 10 Dec 2012 16:20:42 +0000 GMT

Hi Folks !

This X - mas i owned my very own Eigenharp picO .
I´m a Cubase - User since V.5 & so i traced the progress between the unique Eigenharp - Instruments and the cubase - featured note expression.

Are there any kind of templates (.xml) or concrete Routing - Matrix worthwhile directions existing ?

The Searching of "Cubase" leads me to :
http://www.eigenlabs.com/wiki/1.3/Using_EigenD_with_DAWs/

But is there an actually better guidance to configurate the pico with cubase ?
Geert is the Man who knows how it fits , i feel ..

Anyway,
musically fulfilment to all ;

M.

written by: NothanUmber

Wed, 12 Dec 2012 07:55:35 +0000 GMT

Yes Geert is your man here.
There was already a thread regarding this topic where you might find valuable information - amongst others a Video recording of Geert's Demonstration at Musikmesse this year.

Link to other thead

written by: geert

Wed, 12 Dec 2012 10:05:52 +0000 GMT

Hi,

It really depends on what you want to do with Note Expression. There are different scenarios:

* record and edit note expression as MIDI data inside Cubase, this works fine when you configure the routing matrix from Multi-timbral Playing: http://www.eigenlabs.com/wiki/2.0/Configuring_AudioUnit_and_VST_plugins/

* play VST instruments multi-timbrally while hosted inside Cubase, this is the only way to play per-note expression from an external source at the moment in Cubase. In this case, you might as well host the VST instrument directly inside EigenD, it will give you better latency and support for host-automation parameters.

* play VST 3 instruments with note expression directly, there's no way at the moment to map incoming MIDI to VST 3 note expression parameters in real time at the moment. I haven't checked this in Cubase 7 yet, but in Cubase 6.5 you couldn't do it. I did contact Steinberg about it and they were going to look into it, so maybe it's there for version 7. I'll have a look when I have a moment.

Hope this helps,

Geert

written by: map

Sat, 15 Dec 2012 23:12:33 +0000 GMT

Thanks a lot !
I´ll include me in the subject matter .

written by: TomD

Wed, 2 Jan 2013 12:18:15 +0000 GMT

It seems to me that the EigenD software needs to host VST3 plugins directly, so the mapping can be done without midi.

does cubase support osc? could that be used for realtime note expression messages?

Please log in to join the discussions