Forum rss-feed

Forum

Workbench: Basic marking LEDs in Workbench

Most Recent

written by: keyman

Probably hijacking this tread...

NO! - documentation on channels added to the wiki..
Besides occasional "bumping into", but they are very important.

were it is mention with relevance:
Creating a split keyboard (Workbench)
Confusion on the necessity of channels
scaler not responding to keygroup octave issue, and load save issue?

written by: filulilu

Wed, 14 Nov 2012 10:43:01 +0000 GMT

I have a very simple setup on my Alpha with EigenD 2 pro that provides only a string of midi key numbers, pitch bend and continuous data to the hosted plug in. I don't need to change anything during a performance so I discarded all the mode keys and I am happy to to have two extra rows of pitch keys.
My problem is that I can't find a way to define marking LEDs on the keyboard. When I was using EigenD 1.x I did it with a script. How can I do this with EigenD 2.x pro?

written by: filulilu

Wed, 14 Nov 2012 11:43:43 +0000 GMT

Isn't there a way to have the lights permanently on without belcanto or mode keys?

written by: GoneCaving

Wed, 14 Nov 2012 12:47:17 +0000 GMT

Create an Illuminator agent, wire its light output into the keygroup light input. Then take a look at the wiki page for the Illuminator, which describes how to set lights either through belcanto, the agent in workbench, or choose them from the keyboard.

written by: mikemilton

Fri, 16 Nov 2012 19:51:15 +0000 GMT

Or, if you just want roots, connect the light output in the scaler to the light input on the keygroup.

Thu, 28 Feb 2013 23:35:32 +0000 GMT

Is there something broken for certain scales in 2.0.74? I've connected light output from sampler rig 1 to keygroup 1 sampler output 1 light input. The tonics display ok for major, and minor scales, but not chromatic, or blues?

written by: 0beron

Fri, 1 Mar 2013 13:02:25 +0000 GMT

Sometime I've seen the tonic lights get stuck - if I change the scale they don't update until you play some notes through the scaler. What happens if you play a note or two on the keygroup in question?

Fri, 1 Mar 2013 17:16:50 +0000 GMT

Yeah, no joy. Switching back and forth between scales shows consistent behaviour, correct display for major, incorrect for chromatic. I also wondered if it was an issue arising from a migrated setup (ie created with an older version), but it seems to be present if I start from current factory setup (factory2).

Fri, 1 Mar 2013 19:12:27 +0000 GMT

Hi, D...

Can't you run the Factory light scripts?

I sometimes when experience odd behavior, close and reopen WB - save to another setup and then reload back; sometimes i get lucky.

Scalers without keygroups; don't seem to react, as 0beron was saying.
What about Connections details ?? Input filter...

Finally, I don't use "hard-wired" tonics lights, what about the illuminator??
I have some mappings if you like,,,

Cheers

Tue, 5 Mar 2013 00:29:54 +0000 GMT

Been busy so only just got back to this. The secret was the channel required on the wire. So obvious once you look at the factory script.

written by: 0beron

Wed, 6 Mar 2013 10:05:11 +0000 GMT

Has there been any documentation on channels added to the wiki - I still don't know what they are or why I need them?

Wed, 6 Mar 2013 16:46:34 +0000 GMT

Probably hijacking this tread...

NO! - documentation on channels added to the wiki..
Besides occasional "bumping into", but they are very important.

were it is mention with relevance:
Creating a split keyboard (Workbench)
Confusion on the necessity of channels
scaler not responding to keygroup octave issue, and load save issue?

Please log in to join the discussions