Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: scaler not responding to keygroup octave issue, and load save issue?

Most Recent

written by: TheTechnobear

Thanks Antonio, you are a star!

The first problem was caused by lack of channels.
This raises 2 questions:
a) Why does eigenD not create and name channel automatically... e.g. each keygroup could create a unique channel id, and then automatically assign it on inputs... is there a time when this is not valid?
The current method is laborious, and i rather suspect error proned.
(would be very easy to accidentally put the wrong channel id on an input e.g. put channel 1 for yaw, and 2 on roll when they should both be 1... and may not even be spotted for some time)

b) are the following statements true?
- where there are multiple sources into an input they should be given a unique channel id?
- i assume the channel id, is used to tie input sources together...
(i.e key on one channel, to roll or pressure on the same channel)

The second problem, load/save....
Ok, Ive got rid of the issue, by deleting the 'advanced keygroup' and recreating it and rewiring it in exactly the same way.
seems something dodgy about that component... in WB it was fine, i checked connections and parameter about twenty times.

Sun, 24 Feb 2013 23:51:22 +0000 GMT

Hi,
Ive been creating a setup for the pico creating using workbench, running 2.074 stable.

and have been encountering some issue with the following setup...

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27614328/donotmove/PicoMix.zip

Im this you will find 2 setups 1 & 2, I mainly interested in 2

a) scaler issue.
If you load setup 2, you will find a simple (non split) and advanced (split) keygroup - selected with mode + 1 & 2
in this setup, keys 1/9 and 2/9 should raise the octave

and you will see in the keygroup, the octave is changing. however, the scaler in the rig seems to be ignoring
(override is NOT set on the scaler)

I linked up a simple Scaler/AU chain to my keygroups and it worked fine, so seems to be the rig.

(rigs were working fine in PicoMix-1, which was previous version, and started from the factory setup)

b) load/save issue
If you set the setup 2, to split mode , with mode+2, you should be able to press 3/3 to change top instrument 3/4 bottom. but you will see the keygroup is not activating selection when 3/3 and 3/4 are pressed.
(it should work, mode key input is connected etc)

Now this was working before I saved it, some hidden connections seems to be missing. (i did try reconnecting mode key input but didn't work)

Its gets stranger...
If you load PicoMix-1, (the previous version) and then load PicoMix-2 - It works as intended!!!!

But if you save it (replace , or save new) , the saved version does not work. Why... surely save should save all state, so if its working in memory, sure they newly saved version should work!

It seems to show that save is not saving something (hidden) that is required, this would also explain why it worked before I saved it earlier.

I would really appreciate it, if you could take a look, as I have spent hours trying to get these things working, and working around oddities i find. (not to mention, I lost alot of work when EigenD saved a corrupted version yesterday!)

thanks for your help
Mark

written by: keyman

Mon, 25 Feb 2013 05:55:20 +0000 GMT

ok, it's late but here it goes:

Connections Details (edit tool over a wire)
Channel !!!!!!!

streams of data have to be separated before going into rigs. I did mention this a couple of times and you can check this as an example on the Tau and Alpha (2 and 3 setup) (use shift+click to flip thru the connections)

as soon has there is channel from the output into the rigs:
channel 1 for simple keygroup
channel 2 for keygroup1
channel 3 for keygroup2

it seems fine!

Another thing worth mentioning and important thing:
EigenBrowser and Eigencommander have connections to, in this setup, instrument keygroup. They are only visible when starting them!! better disconnect them from 1.9 and 2.9 (they are used to navigate EigenBrowser and Eigencommander)

Hope this helps and brings enjoyment

((cross posting this to Eigenlabs Forum, double uuu me if i'm wrong)

Mon, 25 Feb 2013 11:26:34 +0000 GMT

Thank you very much, I will try this out - and generally look at but deeper into channels.
Eigenlabs - any docs on channels, wires and also wire filters - when required etc?

I'm guessing this solves part 1 - scalers, and will confirm.

Does it solve the instrument selection/load save? As cannot see that is related to channels
But I will of course check and confirm

Thanks again

Mon, 25 Feb 2013 17:20:09 +0000 GMT

Thanks Antonio, you are a star!

The first problem was caused by lack of channels.
This raises 2 questions:
a) Why does eigenD not create and name channel automatically... e.g. each keygroup could create a unique channel id, and then automatically assign it on inputs... is there a time when this is not valid?
The current method is laborious, and i rather suspect error proned.
(would be very easy to accidentally put the wrong channel id on an input e.g. put channel 1 for yaw, and 2 on roll when they should both be 1... and may not even be spotted for some time)

b) are the following statements true?
- where there are multiple sources into an input they should be given a unique channel id?
- i assume the channel id, is used to tie input sources together...
(i.e key on one channel, to roll or pressure on the same channel)

The second problem, load/save....
Ok, Ive got rid of the issue, by deleting the 'advanced keygroup' and recreating it and rewiring it in exactly the same way.
seems something dodgy about that component... in WB it was fine, i checked connections and parameter about twenty times.

Please log in to join the discussions