Using EigenD with other Digital Audio Workstations (DAWs)
Factory Pico 1:
Firstly, you need to create an internal MIDI Bus in the Apple IAC (Inter Application Channel) Driver, accessible through Applications/Utilities/Audio MIDI Setup:
- Once the application is open, click the MIDI Devices tab
- Double click on the IAC driver icon, which should pop up a window saying 'IAC Driver Properties'
- Make sure the 'Device is online' box is ticked
- You need to create an internal MIDI bus by clicking the '+' button on the left hand side.
You then need to set this as your MIDI output within EigenD (if unsure have the Quick Reference Guide handy). Open the Browser, then:
- Select the 'Instrument/FX Control' mode
- Then select 'MIDI & Audio Control' within this mode
- Press the 'MIDI port browse' key
- Click on 'IAC Driver Bus 1'
Select the Eigenharp's 'MIDI Out' Mode (as shown in the Quick Reference Guide) .
You are now sending MIDI note information when you press the keys, and the breath and strip controllers are assigned as General Purpose Controllers 1 & 2 respectively. Your DAW may need configuring to receive the MIDI input from the IAC Driver depending on the particular software in question
PLEASE NOTE: You MUST be in the MIDI out mode in order to be sending MIDI information - none of the other EigenD instruments will send MIDI data to the IAC Driver by default.
A video about setting this up with Garageband is available on EigenZone.
Factory Alpha Setups: