Forum rss-feed

Forum

Alpha: Alpha for sale

Most Recent

written by: prstorms

The Alpha is sold. Thanks to all who have expressed interest.

John/Geert, if you're tuned in, I sent an email via the "contact us" page to see exactly what procedure is required from Eigenlab's end for a transfer of ownership. There are no warranty or subscription issues at play, but I want to make sure the new owner is set up for success. Is there something I need to be aware of in transferring ownership?

Warmest regards,
Pat

Thu, 22 Mar 2012 23:03:05 +0000 GMT

Friends,
I've had my alpha for a couple of years now. I've tinkered with it for a while, then let it sit for a while. As capable as it is, it has never been able to replace my analog instruments in my heart. Best for it to move to a home where it can be truly appreciated. The instrument comes with the alpha base station, the hard case, and everything else that comes with a new instrument (cool Eigenlab computer bag included). It has a rhodium finish and the wooden (ebony) keys. It is in perfect condition. I will include a Yamaha FC9 pedal, and also a Boss FV-500H pedal to the lucky buyer of the system. The original USB stick will also be included, which contains the original software. The buyer will obviously want to update the software, as I have on my Mac. A new Alpha, configured like this one, would cost $7100 with an estimated shipping date of Sept 2012. I'm asking $4500 and am willing to ship immediately. Payment via PayPal will be accepted, and I will add the actual shipping costs to overall price of the unit. I can estimate those costs once I determine where I'll be shipping the instrument. Be aware that it's bulky and a bit heavy, so shipping won't be dirt cheap, but with a savings of $2600 from the price of a new unit, you've got a little breathing room! I'll also be placing the unit on eBay, so here's your chance to buy it without enduring the bidding process. Please email me at prstorms@mac.com and I will respond. You're going to love this Alpha!

Do be aware that since the unit is a couple of years old it is out of warranty. I have no way of providing warranty coverage and do not offer warranty coverage. The Alpha works perfectly at this time, and I will be happy to add the cost of insurance to the shipping costs if the buyer so desires.

Thanks for your interest!

Pat

written by: barnone

Mon, 26 Mar 2012 16:32:17 +0100 BST

Sorry to hear that pat. That's a beautiful model and the rhodium is no longer avail as it became too expensive.

I think your price drop is more than generous. I'll put the word out.

Tue, 27 Mar 2012 03:29:26 +0100 BST

Many thanks, barnone. Thanks as well for the support you've offered!

Pat

Thu, 5 Apr 2012 17:02:53 +0100 BST

A specific notation was made in a recent "Pico for sale" post regarding the need to be aware of support and software requirements related to buying a used instrument. Those same concerns apply to my Alpha! I will be happy to include the most up-to-date non 2.0 version of the software, but do not provide a warranty for the instrument (it's out of factory warranty at this point). I do report that it works perfectly, but if a factory warranty is a "must have" for a prospective buyer, invest the additional $3K and get a new instrument!

Regards,
Pat

Sun, 8 Apr 2012 03:42:08 +0100 BST

The Alpha is sold. Thanks to all who have expressed interest.

John/Geert, if you're tuned in, I sent an email via the "contact us" page to see exactly what procedure is required from Eigenlab's end for a transfer of ownership. There are no warranty or subscription issues at play, but I want to make sure the new owner is set up for success. Is there something I need to be aware of in transferring ownership?

Warmest regards,
Pat

Please log in to join the discussions