Forum rss-feed

Forum

Developers: Package install

Most Recent

written by: GoneCaving

Thanks Jim. I'd guessed that might be the problem (and possibly the solution) but didn't get around to trying it. But had figured out that I needed to copy across the audio agent.

There wasn't a major reason for installing other than being able to track the development more closely (and pick up Geert's changes to the setups). But perhaps I don't need to install to get that?

D

Thu, 8 Mar 2012 14:58:02 +0000 GMT

Couple of questions here.

Firstly, I tried to build my own package so that I can track the 2.0 release without having to wait for an official build. I thought that changing the release number to 2.0.36a might save it from overwriting the official install. When I installed, it seems to have removed EigenD and Stage from my 2.0.36 install? Furthermore the 2.0.36 version of Workbench cannot be launched.

Second question. I can run an older version of Stage, and I thought I'd play around with adding some new controls, having launched EigenD with the new factory setup. I note that the list of tabs when the tabs are locked, is different to the list, when unlocked. Can someone explain what's going on here?

D

written by: jim

Thu, 15 Mar 2012 14:11:23 +0000 GMT

Hmm. I suspect that 2.0.36a will be treated as 2.0.36 for most reasons. I think you'll have to reinstall .36 A better thing to try would be to change the 'experimental' to 'duncan' or something like that.

Maybe we (Eigenlabs) should make releases on even numbers, leaving the odd numbers for messing about. That way, after we release (say) .36, we'd change the version to .37, and finally to .38 for the next proper release.

Although, you can do what we do and just run it out of the build tree. Although Stage and Workbench won't be in the EigenD menu, you can run them from the release via the system's applications menu.

Is there any particular reason you want to install it?

You will have to copy the audio agent from the previous release (in the plugins/Eigenlabs directory) and point to it with your plugin path to run the setups.

jim

Thu, 15 Mar 2012 15:04:31 +0000 GMT

Thanks Jim. I'd guessed that might be the problem (and possibly the solution) but didn't get around to trying it. But had figured out that I needed to copy across the audio agent.

There wasn't a major reason for installing other than being able to track the development more closely (and pick up Geert's changes to the setups). But perhaps I don't need to install to get that?

D

Please log in to join the discussions