Forum rss-feed

Forum

Workbench: MIDI Setup

Most Recent

written by: carvingCode

Follow up: Creating some settings in the MIDI Router and then wiring up as above worked in my simple MIDI setup test.

So glad there will be some full blown v2.0 setups down the road. :)

Wed, 7 Mar 2012 01:03:47 +0000 GMT

For those of you playing the harp to a MIDI instrument, it's fairly simple to hook up a MIDI out connection.

Basically, you can modify the setup created in the tutorials. First, delete the wire from one of the Scalers. Add a MIDI Converter and a MIDI Output agent to t0he setup. Then, connect the Scaler to the MIDI Converter and the MIDI Converter to the MIDI Output.

Then, click on the MIDI Output with the Edit tool. Select the MIDI Port you want to use from the list.

Now, the notes you play on the harp pass right thru to your MIDI instrument.

I've not been able to figure out how to add various parameters (bend and mod wheel) yet. Ideas?

Randy

written by: geert

Wed, 7 Mar 2012 07:38:02 +0000 GMT

Hi CarvingCode,

The MidiConverter agent has a port called 'parameters' where you'll find 32 of those. You can connect anything other port to these and with the edit tool edit the name of a particular parameter.

Hope this helps,

Geert

Wed, 7 Mar 2012 10:49:15 +0000 GMT

Right. I saw that list. I tried wiring the Scaler's Roll and Yaw to param 5 and 1 (I think), but that had no effect.

Should I have wired the keyboard to MIDI Converter?

Randy

written by: geert

Wed, 7 Mar 2012 11:36:08 +0000 GMT

Hi Randy,

Wiring from the scaler is fine. Did you also set up a mapping in the routing matrix to actually convert that parameter data into MIDI?

Geert

Wed, 7 Mar 2012 13:42:00 +0000 GMT

No, I didn't set up MIDI Routing. So, to understand - I would use MIDI Router first, then do the wiring in Workbench? Makes sense if that's the case. (BTW: I would not have thought it necessary to use another part of EigenD when working in Workbench. Considered making MIDI Routing integrated into Workbench workflow?)

Randy

Thu, 8 Mar 2012 16:21:29 +0000 GMT

Follow up: Creating some settings in the MIDI Router and then wiring up as above worked in my simple MIDI setup test.

So glad there will be some full blown v2.0 setups down the road. :)

Please log in to join the discussions