Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: How to change # of measures to record settings

Most Recent

written by: carvingCode

@snoitan - You can create a user script of this (or any snippet of Belcanto) and load it when needed. Or, simpler would be to create a setup, apply that snippet of Belcanto to the setup and then save the setup.

Alternatively, you could record the 12 bars in the sequencer software of your choosing and use it to play back while you practice. I find that I prefer to use a sequencer or DAW to record things. It's more flexible and allows for better editing than the on board recorder of the Eigenharp.

Have fun!

Randy

written by: snoitan

Wed, 8 Feb 2012 00:19:05 +0000 GMT

I'd like to know how to customize the settings for the number of measures to record. Specifically, I'm trying to add 12 to the mix.

I was a little disappointed that I couldn't multi-select the measures considering they are arranged by base 2 (1,2,4,8,16,32) and multi-select would allow me to choose any number of measures from 1 to 63.

As it stands, I'd like to be able to lay down a 12-bar blues rhythm to practice with as I get used to my new Pico.

written by: 0beron

Wed, 8 Feb 2012 09:50:00 +0000 GMT

You can do this with some belcanto in the eigencommander:
You need to work out which recorder agent to talk to first, it will be something like

audio unit rig 1 recorder

or

sampler 1 recorder

You can find this out by opening the eigencommander, and then arming the recorder for the instrument you want to play. In the bottom right hand window of the commander it will print out the belcanto used to arm that recorder. We want to use a similar phrase, just using 12 bars instead.

audio unit rig 1 recorder hey 12 bar record

It's also possible to add a new talker button to set the recording length to 12, but I'd have to sit down at home with a working eigenD to remind myself how to do that. I'll post later if no one else gets there first, as I'm, sure they will :)

written by: snoitan

Wed, 8 Feb 2012 13:58:27 +0000 GMT

Thanks. I might have to store that for future reference. I'm only on day 3 of ownership, so I don't want to get too over my head too quickly.

written by: carvingCode

Wed, 8 Feb 2012 14:34:13 +0000 GMT

@snoitan - You can create a user script of this (or any snippet of Belcanto) and load it when needed. Or, simpler would be to create a setup, apply that snippet of Belcanto to the setup and then save the setup.

Alternatively, you could record the 12 bars in the sequencer software of your choosing and use it to play back while you practice. I find that I prefer to use a sequencer or DAW to record things. It's more flexible and allows for better editing than the on board recorder of the Eigenharp.

Have fun!

Randy

Please log in to join the discussions