Forum rss-feed

Forum

Alpha: Remarkable cello emulation

Most Recent

written by: prstorms

I was FINALLY getting a chance to go through the tutorials and got to the section on changing AUs. I pulled up Kontakt 4 and was VERY surprised that I was able to control my Gofriller cello with the Eigenharp. The Gofriller is a Garritan product that has since been discontinued, but it is the most beautiful sounding software cello that I've come across. it was designed for use with keyboard and I've had a devil of a time getting it to sound right with a wind controller. Now with the Eigenharp it's amazing. The problem is one of real-time vibrato control and portamento. On the Eigenharp the vibrato is very real and very natural,,, just by wiggling the keys! And the portamento is controlled by how fast I move between keys... also very natural. IF you've got a Gofriller kicking around in your softsynth library I advise to dust it off and give it a try. I'm a few months of practicing away from having anything ready to record, but I now have a really good reason to plug away at learning the keyboard.

written by: prstorms

Wed, 8 Sep 2010 18:53:08 +0100 BST

I was FINALLY getting a chance to go through the tutorials and got to the section on changing AUs. I pulled up Kontakt 4 and was VERY surprised that I was able to control my Gofriller cello with the Eigenharp. The Gofriller is a Garritan product that has since been discontinued, but it is the most beautiful sounding software cello that I've come across. it was designed for use with keyboard and I've had a devil of a time getting it to sound right with a wind controller. Now with the Eigenharp it's amazing. The problem is one of real-time vibrato control and portamento. On the Eigenharp the vibrato is very real and very natural,,, just by wiggling the keys! And the portamento is controlled by how fast I move between keys... also very natural. IF you've got a Gofriller kicking around in your softsynth library I advise to dust it off and give it a try. I'm a few months of practicing away from having anything ready to record, but I now have a really good reason to plug away at learning the keyboard.

Please log in to join the discussions