Forum

General Discussion: V2 Factory Setup 1 - mode key, AU4, fingerer

Most Recent

written by: mikemilton

thanks

Sun, 18 Mar 2012 13:21:09 +0000 GMT

A couple of things...

What I did: loaded factory setup 1, added the links for the lights to each AU rig, added AUs, saved as user 1

What happened:
1) Played for a while, worked fine except that the key group mode key:
- is slow to respond or requires repeated presses
- does not light up (or enable) the talker to select AU4

2) When I reloaded the factory default to see if I had somehow dealt a blow with my changes, the key group mode key no longer works at all

3) When I reloaded my setup, the key group mode key still fails to work

Exiting EigenD and restarting it takes everything back to the conditions in 1 above

Otherwise I'm enjoying playing. I had a go at installing the fingerer in audio rig 2. It works but can someone point me to (or explain) the key numbering on the alpha so I can make a reasonable layout. The default ones are exceptionally awkward using the 90 degree windpipe and I'd like to try a few that make sense on the harness.

written by: 0beron

Sun, 18 Mar 2012 16:52:32 +0000 GMT

Best thing to do with the fingerer on Alpha is to make a brand new keygroup somewhere, with only 8 or 9 keys in it. You can put it halfway down the keyboard and even split it into two disjoint bits. Then the fingerings can be left unaltered rather than having to rewrite them all for different layouts?

Sun, 18 Mar 2012 18:07:02 +0000 GMT

Thanks, but my goal was to experiment.

What I had in mind is a single course of (not really) fingered notes - most likely course 5 together witha set of modifiers across the other 4 courses that are, basically, up to 4 note chords expressed as intervals from the note played in course 5. (for example, one row might be III,IV,VII, iX - although I might like the last one to be a modifier that results in a chord inversion if that ability ever arises. It would not take many rows to spell out virtually every chord. so one could simply make up inversions

This would be playable (left hand for course 5, right hand for articulating the chords) and an interesting way to build pieces of music (well, that is the hypothesis, the experiment is another thing).

I'm guessing, but it does not strike me that the Alpha is likely to lend itself to 2-handed, vertical fingering layouts (like the sax) but the notion above should be quite comfortable on the harness

written by: 0beron

Mon, 19 Mar 2012 13:13:05 +0000 GMT

I thought the key numbering on the alpha keyboard is just 1-120, ie all the keys are in course 1 and count up the columns 1 by 1. If you have a keygroup in there with the default course layout then the keys will be in 5 courses of 24 keys instead.

Mon, 19 Mar 2012 14:00:11 +0000 GMT

thanks

Please log in to join the discussions