Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: Eigenharp Clubhouse 24

Most Recent

written by: carvingCode

geert said:
However, feel free to transcribe them, it would indeed be quite helpful for everyone.

hehe... thanks!

written by: geert

Tue, 6 Mar 2012 09:03:35 +0000 GMT

Here’s the recording of yesterday’s clubhouse:

http://www.eigenzone.org/2012/03/06/eigenharp-clubhouse-24/

We’ve talked about:

• hardware MIDI interfaces and Windows 7 (MOTU Fastlane, iConnectMidi, Alesis USB-MIDI Cable, M-Audio MidiSport 2×2, M-Audio Axiom Pro 49)
  • MIDI class compliant versus dedicated drivers for jitter reduction
  • Workbench and EigenD 2 factory setups as a migration path
  • EigenD audio agent multiple audio outs and ins (correction: not just Workbench, also with Belcanto)
  • connecting external audio gear like analog synths into EigenD and control this with software effects using audio units
  • me singing the praise of Metric Halo audio devices :-)
  • virtual audio channels on audio devices (Firewire returns)
  • small quickly loadable setups versus one big setup with everything
  • fingering agent
  • step-by-step walkthrough of my new custom setup using the Alpha and Workbench
  • audio versus data loopers (SooperLooper versus EigenD recorder)
  • in-ears and headroom (Westone models)
  • Eigenharp headphone amplifier

written by: 0beron

Tue, 6 Mar 2012 10:24:21 +0000 GMT

So how is the fingering agent coming along ;) I have a Pico ready and waiting...

Tue, 6 Mar 2012 11:01:00 +0000 GMT

Unfortunately, without a full transcript, videos are not searchable. Videos are great, but not as great as a good discussion forum.

written by: geert

Tue, 6 Mar 2012 11:23:35 +0000 GMT

@carvingCode these are not intended to replace the forum, but to replace real-life in-person clubhouses, they're essentially unprepared and just a bunch of people chatting together about topics that come up. However, feel free to transcribe them, it would indeed be quite helpful for everyone.

written by: 0beron

Tue, 6 Mar 2012 11:36:23 +0000 GMT

It's such a shame I can't make the Monday ones.

Last week's wednesday one was fun though, will try and make that one regularly.

Are we going to set up a developer hangout too - that was suggested after the devCon so that the developers can yak on about memory allocation and software architecture without boring everyone else to tears.

Tue, 6 Mar 2012 14:30:08 +0000 GMT

geert said:
However, feel free to transcribe them, it would indeed be quite helpful for everyone.

hehe... thanks!

Please log in to join the discussions