Forum rss-feed

Forum

Help: Talker control of the fingerer

Most Recent

written by: keyman

Hi JDune, what specific Belcanto phrase are you reffering to? This is probably indication that is an incorrect / misspelled ... Does your phrase "run " in Eigencommander?

written by: robhold

Wed, 26 Dec 2012 23:09:18 +0000 GMT

I have set up some user fingerings in a lightly modified version of the Pico 2 experimental setup that work satisfactorily if I select them either in commander or in the fingerer dropdown. However, when I try to implement in a talker as an action, the command phrase will not "stick."

Example phrase (that works fine in Commander):

fingerer 2 hey fingering to user 1 set

Can anyone suggest what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

written by: john

Thu, 27 Dec 2012 14:06:21 +0000 GMT

That sounds like a bug, although changing fingerings is not a timely process, it is not guaranteed to happen immediately, so you may need to do that in a different way (although it ought to work doing it as you have, just be slow).

'Not timely' or 'slow' doesn't mean minutes, it just means that the new fingering might take a second or two to load as that is done at a lower priority than the sound processing and the lower priority stuff can be appreciably slower if your system is heavily loaded. Many actions in Belcanto have a pre-optimised, speedy executon than means they occur effectively instantaneously, which is very handy in performance. Changing fingerings is not one of those actions, it has to read the fingerings file in and process it, which takes a little while.

It would be helpful if you could file a bug using the bug reporter on this, it can help us track the problem down.

John

Thu, 27 Dec 2012 14:11:22 +0000 GMT

Hi, robhold
There must be a bug somewhere...

Funny; cos if you put the phrases in the talker it does change fingerings, but the phrase does not "stick" as you refer.

Sending a bug report...

written by: JDune

Sat, 12 Oct 2013 07:29:50 +0100 BST

This is going to sound odd, but I've had a half dozen or so instances where belcanto phrases wouldn't "stick" as key actions in talkers--i.e., even after you save, the text box is empty when you return to it.... In each case so far, the phrase sticks if you add a period (.) to the end of the phrase. Really.

Sat, 12 Oct 2013 13:18:54 +0100 BST

Hi JDune, what specific Belcanto phrase are you reffering to? This is probably indication that is an incorrect / misspelled ... Does your phrase "run " in Eigencommander?

Please log in to join the discussions