Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: Black Pico for sale - PERFECT condition!

Most Recent

written by: salution

is it still for sale?

written by: karmacomposer

Fri, 11 May 2012 14:04:19 +0100 BST

I bought a black Pico a while back and only used it four times. I would like to sell it to a good home. Not a scratch on it - it is truly in perfect, like new condition.

Asking $500 (includes shipping within USA). It has its box and all manuals, items, etc. Includes a top quality sax strap.

Email me at admin at mfelkerco dot com or reply here if you are interested. I take paypal for payment.

Mike

written by: tedcullen

Tue, 12 Jun 2012 22:51:08 +0100 BST

I think I might be interested. Truth is I only just learned about this instrument so I'm not sure how it's played at all. Is there a description somewhere of how to play the thing? Like how to play a scale (or melody) and how to play a chord. I'm a pretty good folk guitar player (back in the Dylan days) and played the recorder with a Medieval music group. Anyway, I no longer have the calluses for a guitar but I still think it would be cool to strum a few tunes now and then. If it looks like I could learn this thing without going nuts, I'm interested. Really.
Ted Cullen

written by: mikemilton

Tue, 12 Jun 2012 23:41:54 +0100 BST

http://www.eigenlabs.com/downloads/tutorials/tag/pico/

These are the intro videos.

I originally bought a Pico and can tell you that it is the easiest instrument to get started with I've ever held.

Its main limitation is that it has relatively few keys limiting its range somewhat. It is very effective at being used to improvise in specific scales.

My favourite YouTube of is is by Geert Bevin - http://youtu.be/SuqsxJpWKPk

m

written by: carvingCode

Tue, 12 Jun 2012 23:49:50 +0100 BST

The Pico is a great instrument for playing simple melodies (like you;d find in typical folks music and blues, etc.). It's a unique instrument. I find I pick up the Pico when I'm just in the mood to relax and fiddle around. It;s perfect for that. But you can play some very interesting music on it as well.

Like Mike said, it has fewer keys than the two other models. But, given that you can easily change keys and scales, you really can do quite a lot with it.

There's a bunch of us with Pico's, so feel free to ask questions.

Randy

written by: cogreslab

Sat, 23 Jun 2012 12:57:06 +0100 BST

I am gradually mastering the Pico by myself, cos the tutorials dont tell you everything nor the manual. I would really like to contact other Pico players in the locality for mutual discussion, tips, and maybe even a band to practice. I have a music room if needed.. I live in Pontypool South Wales. Email roger@cogreslab.co.uk.

written by: mikemilton

Sat, 23 Jun 2012 14:19:24 +0100 BST

You could consider joining in one of the G+ hangouts. The next one will be next Monday at 10AM EDT (not sure when that is for you)

Here are some folk on G+ who might be helpful.
https://plus.google.com/101756227499388167954/posts/17NdtcLdTJv

written by: karmacomposer

Tue, 26 Jun 2012 14:40:49 +0100 BST

The Pico is still for sale, although one person has expressed interest in buying it. First person to pay me gets it.

Mike

written by: salution

Sun, 2 Jun 2013 23:57:39 +0100 BST

is it still for sale?

Please log in to join the discussions