Forum rss-feed

Forum

Workbench: Small example of setup with scale changing?

Most Recent

written by: carvingCode

0beron said:
Holding the key down to get it to go green sounds strange. I've made a couple setups with split keygroups and I've not encountered that.

When building the Pico setup just now, I tried something different. I found that if I tapped the keys a tad harder than before they lit green right away.

Randy

Mon, 7 May 2012 17:16:39 +0100 BST

I was able to spend some more time on this today and got it working. I redid the setup steps Oberon provided (great practice for me to do again). This time I added Scalers between the split keygroups and the audio units Voila! Lights and sound.

I will add that the process of creating the key mapping was confusing to me. Oberon's suggestion of mapping the main keygroup by sliding finger along all keys in order worked fine. Doing the same in the split keygroups didn't work.

In the split keygroups, I found I had to hold the key down before it would turn green. On most keys, I had to press it multiple times before it would turn green. (Is this normal?)

Also, I didn't get at first that I was to create only one course at a time, double-tap, then advance the course number. I ended up looking at the mappings of the Factory setup which clued me in.

Also, when viewing the Factory setups, I discovered the course offset array needed to get the standard key pattern - [0.0,4.0,4.0,4.0].

Randy

written by: 0beron

Mon, 7 May 2012 19:07:35 +0100 BST

Holding the key down to get it to go green sounds strange. I've made a couple setups with split keygroups and I've not encountered that.

Tue, 8 May 2012 01:10:09 +0100 BST

I reworked 2 of the 3 key groups a few times today as I was discovering how key mapping worked. All needed the multi key presses I described.

I'm going to put a MIDI only setup together and will give it another go.

Wed, 9 May 2012 20:14:03 +0100 BST

For what it's worth, Oberon's steps above for creating keygroups and split keyboard works equally well for the Pico.

In the 'main keygroup' keygroup, set the mode key column to 3 and the mode key row to 2. This will place the mode key as the same one used as the main mode key int he Factory Pico setup.

Then set 'keygroup output 1' key column to 1 and key row to1, and 'keygroup output 2' key column to 1 and key row to 2. This will place the keys to switch between keygroups on the column of keys closest to the ribbon strip.

Randy

Wed, 9 May 2012 20:16:15 +0100 BST

0beron said:

When building the Pico setup just now, I tried something different. I found that if I tapped the keys a tad harder than before they lit green right away.

Randy

Please log in to join the discussions