Forum rss-feed

Forum

Workbench: Creating mode keys (Tau)

Most Recent

written by: carvingCode

I indeed skipped over the part int he tutorial that discussed the wiring. Thanks for the heads up, Oberon.

Here's a sscreenshot of the keygroup dialog..

BTW: I also turned off the display of all red lights on the keys when the mode key was pressed by setting the 'blink' item to '0'.

Randy

Wed, 25 Apr 2012 00:42:08 +0100 BST

Hi -

I'm running into a problem creating a mode key config that will allow switching between audio units.

On the Tau, I set 'mode key row' to 7 and 'mode key column' to 1. Then, I set 'keygroup out 1' 'key row' to 4 and 'key column' to 20, and 'keygroup out 2' 'key row' to 3 and 'key column' to 20.

What I am trying to do is use the same mode key to change audio units here as used in the Factory Setup, but assigning the bottom of the last column (of 2 keys) to the changer keys.

Where did I go wrong?

TIA

Randy

written by: 0beron

Wed, 25 Apr 2012 01:08:51 +0100 BST

Have you connected the Tau keyboard key output to the keygroup 1 mode key input ? If you just connect the agents together at the top level then the key output only gets connected to the key input on the keygroup (for playing notes). The mode key input has to be wired up separately.

Is row 7 on the tau meant to be one of the rows of click switches?

Wed, 25 Apr 2012 02:19:38 +0100 BST

No, I did not wire the mode keys separately. I must have skipped a step in the tutorial, will review. Thanks.

Yes, 7 is supposed to be the row of 4 keys in the middle of the Tau that are largely used as mode keys in the Factory setup. Geert provided that info some time ago, along with row 6 being the group of 4 keys at the top of the Tau, near the breath tube.

Randy

Wed, 25 Apr 2012 02:16:32 +0100 BST

I indeed skipped over the part int he tutorial that discussed the wiring. Thanks for the heads up, Oberon.

Here's a sscreenshot of the keygroup dialog..

BTW: I also turned off the display of all red lights on the keys when the mode key was pressed by setting the 'blink' item to '0'.

Randy

Please log in to join the discussions