Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: How to change a VST Preset from within EigenD?

Most Recent

written by: WM

Thanks a lot for your replies. I will be awaiting it. And until then, I guess I'll try to hook up the Pico using MIDI(Or possibly, if I can figure it out, with OSC) in Reaper.

Thu, 12 Apr 2012 22:19:27 +0100 BST

Hello there, everobody.

I am very happy to finally have an Eigenharp Pico. I unpacked it today and played with and on it for a few hours. Now I have a question. I would like to use it to control an VST instrument. However, this VST instrument has multiple presets(not selectable from the VST window itself, but when using a DAW, you can select it from there). Many free VST's manage their presets that way.

How can I change to such a preset inside EigenD?

Have a great day,

Wiebe-Marten Wijnja

written by: geert

Fri, 13 Apr 2012 11:42:49 +0100 BST

Hi Wiebe-Marten,

This feature is planned for EigenD 2.1. We've focused more on the playing, tuning and mapping aspects of AU and VSTs until now and will start work on handling the generic preset mechanisms as soon as EigenD 2.0 enter stables. This should not be that long from now.

Take care,

Geert
Eigenlabs Software Team

written by: 0beron

Fri, 13 Apr 2012 13:13:36 +0100 BST

Is it possible to hack up today using MIDI program change messages, or is there something fundamental missing that means this won't work?

written by: geert

Fri, 13 Apr 2012 13:34:41 +0100 BST

That depends on how the plugin reacts to program change messages, many of them don't have this hooked up to their presets.

Fri, 13 Apr 2012 20:41:22 +0100 BST

Thanks a lot for your replies. I will be awaiting it. And until then, I guess I'll try to hook up the Pico using MIDI(Or possibly, if I can figure it out, with OSC) in Reaper.

Please log in to join the discussions