Forum rss-feed

Forum

Pico: Using Polyphonic Aftertouch and Breath Controller with a Waldorf Micro Q

Most Recent

written by: paugui

Hi

I tried to use the Pico today to control my Waldorf Micro Q, as it's the only synth I have with a simple interface and polyphonic aftertouch response.
I used the Mod Matrix to create a mod using Poly Prs. but nothing happened...
Then I switched the mod to regular Pressure option, and it all worked just fine.

In the MIDI converter software I considered both Channel and Polyphonic to respond to Pressure, so I think the results should be exactly the same when I use Poly Prs. or Pressure for a modulation in the Micro Q, right?

I also tried the Breath Controller option with the Micro Q, but couldn't have it working either.
I tried to make the Breath act on CC Breath Controller and CC LSB for 2 (Breath Controller), but none seemed to make the Micro-Q react...

Has anyone here tried to do this with a Waldorf synth?

Thanks in advance,
Best

Paulo

written by: paugui

Tue, 10 Apr 2012 22:59:06 +0100 BST

Hi

I tried to use the Pico today to control my Waldorf Micro Q, as it's the only synth I have with a simple interface and polyphonic aftertouch response.
I used the Mod Matrix to create a mod using Poly Prs. but nothing happened...
Then I switched the mod to regular Pressure option, and it all worked just fine.

In the MIDI converter software I considered both Channel and Polyphonic to respond to Pressure, so I think the results should be exactly the same when I use Poly Prs. or Pressure for a modulation in the Micro Q, right?

I also tried the Breath Controller option with the Micro Q, but couldn't have it working either.
I tried to make the Breath act on CC Breath Controller and CC LSB for 2 (Breath Controller), but none seemed to make the Micro-Q react...

Has anyone here tried to do this with a Waldorf synth?

Thanks in advance,
Best

Paulo

Please log in to join the discussions