Forum rss-feed

Forum

Workbench: Problems viewing Workbench data

Most Recent

written by: alistair

Hi, Thanks for filing the bug report, we are looking into this. It seems to be a problem linked to swapping from one setup to another. I can reproduce the bug if I first load alpha 1 and then swap to the tutorial setup. If I start EigenD with no default setup and then load the tutorial setup all the agents are displayed correctly.

By the way, the audio agent is a special case in that you can only have one of them. The fact that Workbench lets you think that you can create another one is a bug which hopefully we will be fixing soon.

written by: esperdiv

Mon, 9 Apr 2012 03:04:20 +0100 BST

I followed the tutorials to create my first Workbench setups but most of the time, when I open it. Workbench shows only a subset of the agents that are instanced.

I know my original agents are there, because if I create a new scaler (for example), it'll want to be "scaler 2" and not "scaler 1". However, my "scaler 1" doesn't show in the Workbench window. I'll reload the setup and sometimes my agents will appear. Most of the time, however, the window doesn't show them. What am I doing wrong?

Mon, 9 Apr 2012 11:28:58 +0100 BST

Hi esperdiv, not sure whats going on here - could I ask you to report this as a bug via the eigenD bug reporter (EigenD file menu). Then I'll get a workbench log to look at.

Something else you could try is to use the workbench Find command (under the workbench edit menu). This gives you a list of the agents currently in the setup and if you select one the workbench window will scroll to it. That would show if the agents are hiding in a corner somewhere.

Is the setup working - can you get sound out of it when it isn't showing in workbench?

Alistair

written by: esperdiv

Mon, 9 Apr 2012 19:59:27 +0100 BST

I filed a bug report.

The workbench Find command only shows the agents that are visible in the window, "invisible" agents don't show up in the Find menu. I know these agents exist since I cannot create another "audio 1" agent.

The setup seems to be working.

Wed, 11 Apr 2012 11:35:13 +0100 BST

Hi, Thanks for filing the bug report, we are looking into this. It seems to be a problem linked to swapping from one setup to another. I can reproduce the bug if I first load alpha 1 and then swap to the tutorial setup. If I start EigenD with no default setup and then load the tutorial setup all the agents are displayed correctly.

By the way, the audio agent is a special case in that you can only have one of them. The fact that Workbench lets you think that you can create another one is a bug which hopefully we will be fixing soon.

Please log in to join the discussions