Forum rss-feed

Forum

Workbench: Setup format stable?

Most Recent

written by: carvingCode

Thanks, John. Makes perfect sense. I asked because I read in the release notes that the features had been locked in, so was crossing fingers that it might be safe to make the switch. No problem. v1.4 is working like a champ for my needs.

Mon, 19 Mar 2012 16:05:57 +0000 GMT

Is the format for setups stable? Will setups saved from v2.38e be able to be opened/used in later releases?

TIA

written by: john

Mon, 19 Mar 2012 17:44:44 +0000 GMT

We don't commit to this with experimental releases (it requires us to write upgrade scripts for every change that impacts existing setups, so it adds a lot of work to a release cycle). Once we enter testing releases we endeavour to make this the case (and so far we have been successful in this) although we don't guarantee it until we enter stable release, so if you want to start spending a lot of time on fine tuning a setup, I'd wait until at least the first testing release.

In reality most things are settling down now, but three particular things may well change before we get to testing, namely the three new Agents, Fingerer, Illuminator and Strummer, all of which potetnially have some non backwards compatible changes yet to come.

John

Mon, 19 Mar 2012 21:49:31 +0000 GMT

Thanks, John. Makes perfect sense. I asked because I read in the release notes that the features had been locked in, so was crossing fingers that it might be safe to make the switch. No problem. v1.4 is working like a champ for my needs.

Please log in to join the discussions