Forum rss-feed

Forum

Alpha: Theme from Titanic performed on the Alpha

Most Recent

written by: dhjdhj

Thanks for the comments. The Titanic is probably more in recognition of the collapse of my current band a few weeks ago after the singer quit with an irrational email rant (sigh).

I'm certainly not using Max because I expect EigenD to die. I just feel it has an easier learning curve for the kinds of things that I want to do and it allows me to better integrate the Alpha into my environment.

It's definitely still a work in progress and I still haven't implemented initial velocity detection. I'm using such a light touch that velocity wasn't important.

I'd be happy to share the Max stuff with anyone interested.

Sun, 18 Mar 2012 18:42:57 +0000 GMT

Thought some people might be interested in this. The key sensitivity really lends itself to doing these kinds of tunes.

http://youtu.be/0-dZu7vntOI

written by: EdisonRex

Sun, 18 Mar 2012 19:08:51 +0000 GMT

One of the things that continues to impress me is how many different ways people are playing this instrument - not just from a configuration point of view - but the various playing techniques being developed are great to watch and compare. Nice job.

written by: carvingCode

Sun, 18 Mar 2012 22:14:14 +0000 GMT

Great to see (hear) your Max/OSC work put to practice. Nice job. Beautiful Alpha also.

written by: NothanUmber

Mon, 19 Mar 2012 00:00:40 +0000 GMT

Nice playing!
I really hope EigenD won't be anything like Titanic, but it's good to have a life-boat on board when sailing into troubled waters of uncertainty, also thanks for that!

Mon, 19 Mar 2012 01:08:20 +0000 GMT

Thanks for the comments. The Titanic is probably more in recognition of the collapse of my current band a few weeks ago after the singer quit with an irrational email rant (sigh).

I'm certainly not using Max because I expect EigenD to die. I just feel it has an easier learning curve for the kinds of things that I want to do and it allows me to better integrate the Alpha into my environment.

It's definitely still a work in progress and I still haven't implemented initial velocity detection. I'm using such a light touch that velocity wasn't important.

I'd be happy to share the Max stuff with anyone interested.

Please log in to join the discussions