Forum rss-feed

Forum

Alpha: Microphone Enable V1.4 - non-bug report

Most Recent

written by: mikemilton

Yup, it is a good idea to have it default to off. As I said, - non-bug. Sometimes paranoia is simply good sense.

@Geert, Thanks. I likely have a well worn, much updated setup missing some stage stuff. I'll have a look.

Sun, 4 Mar 2012 12:45:37 +0000 GMT

'not sure if anyone noticed, but it seems that the microphone enable status is not preserved between sessions but defaults to 'off'

This isn't a complaint (it is likely a good idea to have it default to off) so....

-If this is an oversight, it probably should not be 'fixed'
-If I'm wrong, it probably should be 'fixed'
-it would likely be a good idea to add a comment to the alpha factory setup pdf (pg 25) something like "7 - microrophone enable, defaults to off at startup"

While I'm typing microphone and headphone stage widgets would be nice to have (particularly for use in the iOS version). Speaking of the iOS version....

m

written by: geert

Mon, 5 Mar 2012 07:11:17 +0000 GMT

Hi Mike,

Afaik this was a conscious choice, good idea about adding it to the user guide, I'll do that.

The current 1.4 stage tabs have an iPhone-formatted layout for microphone control. The tab is called 'Phones/Mic' and it's the before-last one.

Take care,

Geert

written by: john

Mon, 5 Mar 2012 08:34:09 +0000 GMT

The startup default to off on the mic was a deliberate decision - I have a paranoia of automatically live mic's, especially ones that are attached to me in any way. There is also the issue of feedback - a mic coming up live on stage when one powers an instrument on could be quite disastrous if it's mid set and you're standing in front of main PA, not a particularly unlikely situation just offstage in smaller venues.

If there's any perceived need to be able change this behaviour for some reason we could always add an option in for that.

John

Mon, 5 Mar 2012 08:56:00 +0000 GMT

Yup, it is a good idea to have it default to off. As I said, - non-bug. Sometimes paranoia is simply good sense.

@Geert, Thanks. I likely have a well worn, much updated setup missing some stage stuff. I'll have a look.

Please log in to join the discussions