Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: Multiple instrument managers

Most Recent

written by: TheTechnobear

No pre-built setups.
The best way forward is to decide what you want for pico
and add that to a tau factory setup.
You will only need to add keygroups as you will share rigs.

written by: 0beron

Wed, 29 Feb 2012 17:54:35 +0000 GMT

Does eigenD support connecting say a Pico and an Alpha to one eigenD instance, providing there are manager agents for both in one setup?

written by: geert

Wed, 29 Feb 2012 18:07:39 +0000 GMT

SImple and quick answer ... yes :-)

written by: carvingCode

Wed, 29 Feb 2012 20:01:21 +0000 GMT

Let's say I have 2 scalers and 2 audio units in a setup. If I add a Pico and a Alpha Manager, can I hook both up to the scaler in the same way - as in the examples in the Tutorials?

written by: john

Wed, 29 Feb 2012 20:15:22 +0000 GMT

Do you mean connect two instruments to one scaler? If so, no you can't do that yet - we don't have an Agent that can combine two separate key streams into one in the same way that Keygroup can spilt one into many. It's a nice idea though, we (or someone) probably ought to make an Agent that does that at some point. You can however create two separate signal paths (instrument->scaler->whatwever->audio) and mix them as audio in the console mixer quite simply, if that's what you mean.

John

Wed, 29 Feb 2012 20:33:26 +0000 GMT

Yes, just trying to understand. So, I would double up on everything and then, let's say, have Pico running to Ch1 and Alpha running to Ch2 in the Console Mixer?

Honestly, this doesn't seem very useful. Unless I can reuse Audio Unit or Samplers with both Instruments in 1 setup, what would be the point of this?

I guess one could do this to allow 2 players on the same computer, but again if they're not able to share Audio Units or Samplers....?

written by: stbohne

Wed, 29 Feb 2012 20:48:23 +0000 GMT

You could buy two Taus and have more keys than an Alpha for less money. :D

Wed, 29 Feb 2012 21:39:51 +0000 GMT

Ah! Yes, brilliant idea. ;)

written by: john

Thu, 1 Mar 2012 08:53:19 +0000 GMT

It actually looks like you can connect two instruments (or any keystream) to one scaler just fine. We'll have a play with this here today of we get time (this has not had any testing for either reliability or consistency as it's a new kind of possibility) , but you can use the new channel concept inside Agents for this. If you connect each upstream keygroup output then, using the edit tool in Workbench, edit each input on the Scaler you can set each input to use a different channel and this should work - the channels should be preserved all the way through the Agent. In theory there should be no limit to how many key streams you cold combine like this.

Geert gave this a quick go yesterday and said it seemed to work well. Let us know how you get on....

John

Thu, 1 Mar 2012 09:36:03 +0000 GMT

I was theorising about the wind instrument fingering mode, and how it might be useful to have thumb keys to shift octaves. Strapping a pico to the back of an Alpha might be a way to achieve this?

written by: mikemilton

Thu, 1 Mar 2012 10:01:17 +0000 GMT

@0beron ... you'd likely have only one course in use for wind fingering?? If so, tere are lots 'left over' for all sorts of control / switching inputs.

Alternately, one could imagine 5 courses mapped to 5 distinct wind instruments (that could be fun)

Alterately, using the 2 foot switches for up/down might work??

written by: mikemilton

Thu, 1 Mar 2012 12:23:33 +0000 GMT

Yes, I have a WX5 (and a 7, btw - 'had an EWI but I gave it away).

On reflection, it would be really great to set up vertical keygroups by course as separate instruments (not sure I could do this but still). There would still be keys left for switches in each coursular (new word) keygroup.

One application might see a bari/tenor/alto/sop sax (with a column to spare) I'd likely use a VL1 for one of them and AU's for the rest

Thu, 1 Mar 2012 15:06:15 +0000 GMT

What happens if you plug two alphas (or two taus/two picos etc) into one eigenD? How do you tell it that the left USB port is for Alpha Manager 1 and the right is for Alpha manager 2? Does it just connect them in some order and let you work out which one went to which?

written by: tefman3d

Sat, 11 Jan 2014 17:34:55 +0000 GMT

any pre-built setups for multiple instruments to one eigenD?

So sorry, I'm not that good with workbench yet…..

thanks Tefman

written by: TheTechnobear

Sat, 11 Jan 2014 18:33:59 +0000 GMT

No pre-built setups.
The best way forward is to decide what you want for pico
and add that to a tau factory setup.
You will only need to add keygroups as you will share rigs.

Please log in to join the discussions