Forum rss-feed

Forum

Pico: Use breath and strip controller with Logic Pro

Most Recent

written by: dggontan

Thanks very much, geert.

I will give it a try! By the way, I have seen some of your stuff in the web and it's amazing what you can get out of the Pico. You are definitely showing the way!

Best regards,

Daniel

Sun, 26 Feb 2012 19:59:40 +0000 GMT

Hello everyone,

I just got my Pico a few days ago and have been practicing a little bit. I have followed a few tutorials and managed to set up and use the Pico with Logic Pro and even record the output from Eigend into Logic (thanks Geert for the very clear tutorials!!!).

Now, one of the things I am missing is to be able to use the breath controller (and Strip for that matter) in Logic Pro. In particular, I'd love to use it with the wind instruments to control them as I do the Clarinet in EigenD. Is that possible at all? Could any of you point me in the right direction as I don't know much about Midi?

Many thanks in advance.

dggontan

written by: geert

Tue, 28 Feb 2012 12:26:42 +0000 GMT

Hi dggontan,

Congrats on getting your Pico, it's an amazingly fun instrument!

To set up the actual MIDI data that is sent into Logic Pro , you can use the MIDI Routing Matrix. That wiki page gives you detailed instructions on how to use it.

In your case, you'll have to click on the intersection of 'Breath' and '2: CC Breath Controller'. This will then turn all breath signals coming from the Eigenharp into MIDI CC breath messages. You can of course do this for any of the other Eigenharp controls and use any CC message number that you want.

The next step is getting an instrument in Logic Pro to use that MIDI CC breath message. Some of them are already set up automatically for this, however with others you might have to read the manual and possibly put the instrument in 'MIDI learn' mode or maybe even do something totally different. Sadly, there's no global approach here that works for all software instruments, so you'll have to experiment a bit with the ones that you're using.

Take care,

Geert

Tue, 28 Feb 2012 20:11:22 +0000 GMT

Thanks very much, geert.

I will give it a try! By the way, I have seen some of your stuff in the web and it's amazing what you can get out of the Pico. You are definitely showing the way!

Best regards,

Daniel

Please log in to join the discussions