Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: Release of 1.4.12?

Most Recent

written by: carvingCode

Thanks for the follow up, Geert. Will check on AAS versions, but believe I'm current.

You're correct about the order of loading setups and VST order. Also, I leave Browser and Stage open between loads.

The only problem I've had is as reported. When working with MIDI-only setup (which I do most of the time) EigenD performs reliably.

Regarding AAS as the source of the problem, I will say I swicth between and load multiple AAS VSTs (and multiple instances) when working MIDI-only with Reaper. Never recall having EigenD crash then. Only when switching setups.

Does EigenD close VSTs it works with when switching setups? Should it also close Browser and Stage?

Randy

Mon, 13 Feb 2012 20:32:22 +0000 GMT

I noticed an update in release docs on github. Release soon?

Wed, 15 Feb 2012 19:15:55 +0000 GMT

{chirp}

Wed, 15 Feb 2012 21:55:34 +0000 GMT

I ask, hoping that an update will fix the crashes I've reported. (Open Factory setup, play a VST for awhile - auditioning patches. Open the MIDI setup. A few minutes later, EigenD crashes.

Made 2 bug reports on this.

written by: geert

Thu, 16 Feb 2012 09:52:36 +0000 GMT

Hi CarvingCode,

We had a look at your bug reports and from what we can see you're using AAS Tassman, right? We've had some crash problems with other AAS plugins which required an update on their behalf. It might be worth contacting them about it, also make sure you're running the latest version.

From your report about the MIDI-only setup it seems that you're loading the setup with the VST beforehand and load the MIDI-only setup afterwards. If the VST corrupts memory, that could still cause a crash later on. Could you please try disabling the automatic loading of the VST setup and load the MIDI-only setup after EigenD starts up and see if it still crashes?

Thanks,

Geert

Thu, 16 Feb 2012 15:21:02 +0000 GMT

Thanks for the follow up, Geert. Will check on AAS versions, but believe I'm current.

You're correct about the order of loading setups and VST order. Also, I leave Browser and Stage open between loads.

The only problem I've had is as reported. When working with MIDI-only setup (which I do most of the time) EigenD performs reliably.

Regarding AAS as the source of the problem, I will say I swicth between and load multiple AAS VSTs (and multiple instances) when working MIDI-only with Reaper. Never recall having EigenD crash then. Only when switching setups.

Does EigenD close VSTs it works with when switching setups? Should it also close Browser and Stage?

Randy

Please log in to join the discussions