Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: Accessories: a vest

Most Recent

written by: mikemilton

The trick is to get the 'right' bolt with the tip rounded off so that it can press on, and lock, the ball.

I guess one could measure the thread and then shape the end. They you could bolt it to anything you like

Wed, 1 Feb 2012 15:30:34 +0000 GMT

I've taken to wearing a vest / jacket over my harness (itself over a tee). The look is a bit better than just having the harness.

After playing this way for a while, it occurred to me that I'd really like a vest with the mount built in. Specifically, a normal vest with the lower, vertical metal bit from the harness built into a slim, zippered, pocket. The gimbal can be attached to the bottom. It would probably need a cord (something like those used at the waist of many jackets) to adjust the height as well. I guess it could be more industrial (like a steadycam vest) but I was thinking something more low profile.

I think this would look better and be more comfortable (because the weight would be carried by the entire vest and it is likely softer) while still holding the gimbal firmly horizontal.

It has been my experience that each time I have a wild idea like this it has already be visited so....

Is there a reason for the strap (vs vest) approach?
Would this be workable?
Would anyone else like such an accessory?
Might Eigenlabs be interested in selling such a product?

m

written by: keyman

Thu, 2 Feb 2012 03:56:56 +0000 GMT

I actually thought in the beginning, of hiding the harness, and sure is more adequate in certain situations, but maybe I can call it a "signature" to be on stage with one... maybe?

Mike, I do love your idea of a fashion design vest / jacket; could a fashion designer pick up with this?

written by: barnone

Thu, 2 Feb 2012 06:21:51 +0000 GMT

Vests are in again?

How bout a morph suit?

http://compare.ebay.com/like/230735402837?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

Thu, 2 Feb 2012 12:53:44 +0000 GMT

Oh, and we could chroma-key ourselves pfffft.

@keyman - yes, the harness can be part of stage costume but it has a very specific look (which you use to advantage). An alternative (and there are likely many) would just be for a different theatrical effect.

I wonder if the best answer is just to see if Eigenlabs will sell just the bolt/lower bar assembly as an accessory which could then be integrated into any stage dress. In fact, with a couple of straps, it could be even attached to one's leg for seated playing.

written by: barnone

Thu, 2 Feb 2012 19:09:38 +0000 GMT

Hey Mike, I experimented with the lower piece as a leg brace. Personally I think it works amazingly well.

I do want to at some point make a custom leg brace, becomes more critical when using the strips.

Thu, 2 Feb 2012 20:04:25 +0000 GMT

The trick is to get the 'right' bolt with the tip rounded off so that it can press on, and lock, the ball.

I guess one could measure the thread and then shape the end. They you could bolt it to anything you like

Please log in to join the discussions