Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: Headless setup with Mac Mini

Most Recent

written by: 0beron

That last snippet from keyman is worth putting in a script - that way you can add setup load talkers to existing setups. Ideally you'd want each of e.g. 10 setups to all contain a talker capable of loading the other 9, then you could swap between them much like you would swap between splits (just with a pause).

written by: GoneCaving

Tue, 31 Jan 2012 08:15:26 +0000 GMT

Hey all,
There's been some discussion in the past about a minimal setup for playing Eigenharps, using a headless Mac Mini. One of the issues raised was the ability to create an ad-hoc WiFi network on book.

This webpage on creating a network using applescript addresses this problem.

Is it possible to change setups via Belcanto? And what about via stage?

D

written by: john

Tue, 31 Jan 2012 09:35:35 +0000 GMT

Hi Duncan

If you save your setups you can make Talkers to load them. Just say (for example):

eigend hey
user 1 load

You could set a block of keys up just to load setups. You can also save them in the same way, if you want to be able to keep loops and other changes that you've made.

John

written by: john

Tue, 31 Jan 2012 09:38:23 +0000 GMT

Just to add to that comment, there is no dedicated Stage widget to load and save setups at present. You could however use the previously mentioned Talker to add some buttons to a tab.

written by: keyman

Tue, 31 Jan 2012 10:54:47 +0000 GMT

Transcribing from G+...
Thanks for sharing!... Since I have a mini, I went and tried it; and it does work!
Having EigenD "open at login" and this script,
1- can use STAGE to control EigenD
2-can connect with an iPad (if one needs to have a "virtual screen" image of the mini)

Currently have the macmini downstairs (office), always ready with the Pico, but really would like to "glue" together with the MBP - one 'harp with two machines....

I have a talker running on the percussion keys:
( but I think it's more useful on kgroup 99; it's dangerous to accidentally load a setup )

empty join
percussion kgroup 1 hey
output 12 create

talker create
it to user talker name ify
percussion kgroup 1 output 12 to user talker connect

user talker listen
eigend listen
user 1 when 1 load

((and so on))

written by: 0beron

Tue, 31 Jan 2012 14:02:20 +0000 GMT

That last snippet from keyman is worth putting in a script - that way you can add setup load talkers to existing setups. Ideally you'd want each of e.g. 10 setups to all contain a talker capable of loading the other 9, then you could swap between them much like you would swap between splits (just with a pause).

Please log in to join the discussions