Forum rss-feed

Forum

Developers: Scheduler extensions

Most Recent

written by: 0beron

Hmm, latest bit of detective work on the Looper front was to compile a copy of eigenD 1.4.12 and stuff some printing into the existing recorder agent. The wire_create routine I'd been looking at before also doesn't seem to get called at all, so maybe this is a red herring.

I must have got something right, since if I plug together a setup with a chain of agents as follows:

pico/alpha keyboard -> keygroup -> Looper -> synth rig -> console mixer-> audio

then I can still play notes and hear them in real time, so the plumbing for passing events through must be in place. I just haven't yet figured out the machinery to capture and store the events as they go past.

Jim has started on an in depth developer guide on the wiki I see, and in its current form it touches on bundles and wires. I hope to see this guide filled out :)

written by: alistair

Thu, 9 Feb 2012 16:23:37 +0000 GMT

Hi Robin,

your commander problem - have you got an interpreter in the setup that contains your looper and noise agent. If not, that'll be the problem. Create one with workbench and save the setup again.

Alistair

Mon, 13 Feb 2012 17:56:37 +0000 GMT

Ah, that'll be it, thanks.

On the other hand I've yet to cause a single crash - eigenD and its RPC structure seem quite resilient to meddling developers creating amateurish agents that might cause havoc...

Mon, 13 Feb 2012 18:44:15 +0000 GMT

I've got some good hacking time coming up in the next few days. I'll have a fresh go at tracing the event structure of the recorder again, as I guess everyone at Eigenlabs is hard at work on 2.0.x.

Mon, 5 Mar 2012 11:41:38 +0000 GMT

Hmm, latest bit of detective work on the Looper front was to compile a copy of eigenD 1.4.12 and stuff some printing into the existing recorder agent. The wire_create routine I'd been looking at before also doesn't seem to get called at all, so maybe this is a red herring.

I must have got something right, since if I plug together a setup with a chain of agents as follows:

pico/alpha keyboard -> keygroup -> Looper -> synth rig -> console mixer-> audio

then I can still play notes and hear them in real time, so the plumbing for passing events through must be in place. I just haven't yet figured out the machinery to capture and store the events as they go past.

Jim has started on an in depth developer guide on the wiki I see, and in its current form it touches on bundles and wires. I hope to see this guide filled out :)

Please log in to join the discussions