Forum rss-feed

Forum

Developers: logmsg crashes EigenD

Most Recent

written by: stbohne

It access violates in
basic_ostream < char, _Traits > & operator<<(basic_ostream<char, _Traits>& _Ostr, const char *_Val)

(Line 774 ostream "const typename _Myos::sentry _Ok(_Ostr);").
Apparently something is wrong with the rep_ of msg_t. I have to note though, there are other log messages in eigend.0.log and from the log output of my self built version I can see that my test log line should be the very next to appear in the log file.

PS: How do you write less than and greater than in this forum?

Sun, 29 Jan 2012 19:14:51 +0000 GMT

A simple
pic::logmsg() << "test";
or
pic::msg() << "test";
crashes EigenD. I remember this worked even from the fast thread on John N's macbook (64bit Win7 here). Did I get the syntax wrong? And what is the difference between these two log functions?

written by: NothanUmber

Sun, 29 Jan 2012 21:12:15 +0000 GMT

Am also on Win7 64 bit, works here. Did you doublecheck that the agent does not crash without this log message? Do you see further details in the log files (e.g. eigend.0.log)?

Mon, 30 Jan 2012 21:35:56 +0000 GMT

Agent works fine without logmsg. And I can crash EigenD on key press using logmsg. It's definitely pic::logmsg that causes this. The log file contains only log messages written before this.

Mon, 30 Jan 2012 21:45:45 +0000 GMT

To be more specific: crash means Windows says "eigend.exe stopped working"

written by: jim

Mon, 30 Jan 2012 22:54:57 +0000 GMT

is this logmsg in a helper thread or anything like that?

have you tried compiling eigend from source and attaching a debugger?

written by: jim

Mon, 30 Jan 2012 22:58:37 +0000 GMT

also, log mesages are queued and serviced in a non fast thread, so if you are generating zillions too quickly you might exhaust the fast allocator.

Thu, 2 Feb 2012 20:52:00 +0000 GMT

No problems with my self built version. But I got some info from debugging the released version.

Thu, 2 Feb 2012 20:51:43 +0000 GMT

It access violates in

basic_ostream &lt; char, _Traits &gt; & operator&lt;&lt;(basic_ostream&lt;char, _Traits&gt;& _Ostr, const char *_Val)

(Line 774 ostream "const typename _Myos::sentry _Ok(_Ostr);").
Apparently something is wrong with the rep_ of msg_t. I have to note though, there are other log messages in eigend.0.log and from the log output of my self built version I can see that my test log line should be the very next to appear in the log file.

PS: How do you write less than and greater than in this forum?

Please log in to join the discussions