Forum rss-feed

Forum

Help: Opening scale browser from EIgenBrowser?

Most Recent

written by: GoneCaving

It might be worth running the commands line at a time in the EigenCommander to figure out which line the error is on.

written by: carvingCode

Fri, 27 Jan 2012 00:32:05 +0000 GMT

I've searched, but can't find the Belcanto to open up the scale browser. I'm wanting to do this from the MIDI-only setup Geert created awhile ago. Love it, but need to get to a few other scales...

Anyone know the Belcanto goodness?

Randy

written by: geert

Fri, 27 Jan 2012 08:14:16 +0000 GMT

Hi Randy,

The MIDI only setups don't support browsing for scales through the Eigenbrowser since it's a very complicated approach that is changing for 2.0. We don't really want to publicize the Belcanto for it. It's also insanely complicated to get right and very error prone. The MIDI only setups were intended as Belcanto examples of small, working setups. To change the available scales in the setup, you can however use 'Pico MIDI From Scratch' and replace the scale names there: http://www.eigenlabs.com/wiki/1.4/Pico_MIDI_From_Scratch/

Take care,

Geert

Fri, 27 Jan 2012 16:56:54 +0000 GMT

Ok, I'm confused about this part. Can I alter and old as a script, or do I have to enter it line by line?

written by: geert

Fri, 27 Jan 2012 17:02:36 +0000 GMT

The easiest is to edit the script and to re-run it from the scripts browser. More information here: http://www.eigenlabs.com/wiki/1.4/Belcanto_Scripts/

Fri, 27 Jan 2012 17:18:28 +0000 GMT

Thanks again, Geert. Now I can use the bebop scales. ;)

Sat, 28 Jan 2012 18:29:14 +0000 GMT

OK. I modified the PICO MIDI script, but am getting a 'script failed' error in EigenBrowser. I run part 1 first (it's unmidifed), then the modified part 2.

The only thing I have edited is the scaler section. See below:

scaler 1 scale to major when 1 set
scaler 1 scale to blues when 2 set
scaler 1 scale to 16 when 3 set
scaler 1 scale to 24 when 4 set
scaler 1 scale to 86 when 5 set
scaler 1 scale to pentatonic major when 6 set
scaler 1 scale to 79 7 set
scaler 1 scale to chromatic when 8 set

I first tried using the names of the scales, then I switched to the numbers of the ones I thought EigenD may not know.

What should I try next?

Randy

written by: jsn

Sun, 29 Jan 2012 10:22:54 +0000 GMT

There's a missing 'when' in the penultimate line. Is that the problem ?

Sun, 29 Jan 2012 11:49:05 +0000 GMT

I added the 'when'. Good catch. But I still get a fail. EigenCommander is reporting 'Inappropriate arguments for the verb set'. I'm using the number associated with the scale in my scales script (not modified from original).

written by: GoneCaving

Sun, 29 Jan 2012 13:07:05 +0000 GMT

It might be worth running the commands line at a time in the EigenCommander to figure out which line the error is on.

Please log in to join the discussions