Forum rss-feed

Forum

Developers: Problems developing on windows

Most Recent

written by: jim

Ill change the build to try and figure out where it is from the env. Or maybe there's a registry key somewhere.

written by: stbohne

Thu, 26 Jan 2012 22:00:38 +0000 GMT

The paths.txt file which contains additional search paths for plugins is not used by EigenD. It didn't exist (I think it did exist on John's Mac during the devcon). And when created, the paths don't appear in eigend.0.log. The full path that I'm using is e:\Users\Overmind\Documents\Eigenlabs\2.0.35-experimental\Global\paths.txt.

Also, I can't build the installer. Either the script cannot deal with spaces in file paths or I miss some dependencies. Here's the output from the build script:
E:\Users\Overmind\workspace3\EigenD-Contrib\vu_meter>bld.cmd target-mpkg
Dx x86 target enviroment is now enabled.
Dx x64 host enviroment is now enabled.
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
platform: win32 python: E:\Program Files (x86)\Eigenlabs\runtime-1.0.0\Python26\
python.exe
clearing E:\Users\Overmind\workspace3\EigenD-Contrib\vu_meter\tmp\stage
clearing E:\Users\Overmind\workspace3\EigenD-Contrib\vu_meter\tmp\pkg
building release 2.0.35-experimental
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
tmp\stage\vu_meter\contrib-2.0.35-experimental\plugins\Eigenlabs Examples\plg_vu
_meter\Manifest (Install)
tmp\stage\vu_meter\contrib-2.0.35-experimental\plugins\Eigenlabs Examples\plg_vu
_meter\version.py (Install)
_meter\vu_meter_native.pyd (Install)
_meter\vu_meter_plg.pyc (Install)
_meter\vu_meter_version.py (Install)
_meter\__init__.pyc (Install)
tmp\pkg\tmp\vu_meter.wxs ((["tmp\pkg\tmp\vu_meter.wxs"],)
wsx for collection vu_meter-2.0.35-experimental containing vu_meter
directory hit for ('contrib-2.0.35-experimental',)
tmp\pkg\tmp\vu_meter.wixobj ("E:\Program)
vu_meter.wxs
tmp\pkg\Eigenlabs-Vu_meter-2.0.35-experimental.msi ("E:\Program)
E:\Users\Overmind\workspace3\EigenD-Contrib\vu_meter\tmp\pkg\tmp\vu_meter.wxs(52
) : warning LGHT1076 : ICE61: This product should remove only older versions of
itself. The Maximum version is not less than the current product. (2.0.35 2.0.35
)
tmp\pkg\tmp\vu_meter.nsi (make_nsi(["tmp\pkg\tmp\vu_meter.nsi"],)
tmp\pkg\vu_meter-2.0.35-experimental.exe ("c:\Program)
The system cannot find the path specified.
scons: *** [tmp\pkg\vu_meter-2.0.35-experimental.exe] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.

Btw, the required 3rd party tools (nsis, wix, ...) should be listed somewhere in the tools directory, ideally in an error message from scons.

written by: NothanUmber

Thu, 26 Jan 2012 22:29:35 +0000 GMT

stbohne said:
The full path that I'm using is e:\Users\Overmind\Documents\Eigenlabs\2.0.35-experimental\Global\paths.txt.

Hi,
for me it's this path:
D:\Ferdinand\Documents\Eigenlabs\global\paths.txt
so probably it should be
E:\Overmind\Documents\Eigenlabs\global\paths.txt
for you. The file should already exist and contain the string "# add plugin paths here"

written by: jim_chapman

Fri, 27 Jan 2012 09:16:14 +0000 GMT

Yes, I'll put in checks for NSIS and WiX and disable package building if they aren't there.

I think you must be using the wrong paths. 2.0.15 will drop a stub paths.txt when it first
runs, so if you had to create it, you are in the wrong place.

Looks like your package build is failing because nsis isn't where we expect it to be. Do
you have it installed?

written by: stbohne

Fri, 27 Jan 2012 18:57:56 +0000 GMT

Ferdinand, Jim, you were right. The paths.txt was in the wrong place.

As for the packaging problem, I found the error. The path to NSIS is hard coded in windows_tools.py. (My root hard drive is E: for historical reasons). After I changed the path there, it seems to build.

written by: jim

Fri, 27 Jan 2012 19:17:23 +0000 GMT

Ill change the build to try and figure out where it is from the env. Or maybe there's a registry key somewhere.

Please log in to join the discussions