Forum rss-feed

Forum

Alpha: A couple of questions

Most Recent

written by: Larryheil

I have an Alpha. Had it for about 6 months. Very pleased with it! I know it is a lot of money but I would buy it again in a second. I have piano black with gold trim and ebony keys. There are 2 video conferences each week on G+. If you have a web cam, I would suggest that you join us and ask as many questions as you like. Monday at 9am CST and Wed. at 4pm CST. If you cannot make these I would be glad to try and schedule a Hangout at a time more to you schedule. It is hard to explain an Eigenharp in just a few minutes. Very versatile instrument/controller that is growing in functions every week.

written by: Zygurt

Fri, 20 Jan 2012 05:24:16 +0000 GMT

So I'm at the point where I'm really considering getting an alpha, but I just have a couple of questions to ask before I do.

Can anyone give me an idea of the difference between the plastic and the wooden keys. I already have a pico, so I know how the keys feel, I'm just wonder what impact the wooden keys make.

Does the case that comes with the alpha have space for either the base station, or the base station pro?

What are the connectors on the base station?

How accurate is the lead time? So if I was to order one today, it would be shipped in 6 months time. Shipping to Australia is fine right?

Sorry for all the questions, but when you could buy a car, or part of a house deposit, it's a fairly big purchase.

written by: neil

Fri, 20 Jan 2012 09:25:46 +0000 GMT

Hello Zygurt,

No problem with the questions, you need to know what you are buying. The wooden keys are a luxury, there's something very nice about touching them when playing - a bit like the ivory and ebony keys on a Steinway compared to standard plastic keys on regular pianos. There is a view that wooden keys give you a little more grip, when you are performing in a hot environment - eg under lights when your fingers get a little moist.

The Alpha case doesn't have space for the basestation. It comes with a laptop bag that has space for the basestation and all the necessary cables along with your laptop.

The standard basestation has an external power supply connected and a USB connection to your computer. This links explains the differences on the basestation pro.

We have left the lead time at 6 months as we are currently waiting for various parts. It may be sooner, however at the moment you should assume 6 months. Unless you would like to consider one of the limited edition models currently available. http://www.eigenlabs.com/store/category/limited-editions/

Please let us know if you need any further information.

Neil

written by: Larryheil

Sat, 21 Jan 2012 18:05:12 +0000 GMT

I have an Alpha. Had it for about 6 months. Very pleased with it! I know it is a lot of money but I would buy it again in a second. I have piano black with gold trim and ebony keys. There are 2 video conferences each week on G+. If you have a web cam, I would suggest that you join us and ask as many questions as you like. Monday at 9am CST and Wed. at 4pm CST. If you cannot make these I would be glad to try and schedule a Hangout at a time more to you schedule. It is hard to explain an Eigenharp in just a few minutes. Very versatile instrument/controller that is growing in functions every week.

Please log in to join the discussions