Forum rss-feed

Forum

Help: using NI Massive with Eigenharp Tau

Most Recent

written by: geert

Hi,

There's a script you can use to use the remaining 6 percussion keys as MIDI channel selectors for AU/VST 1-4 and MIDI 1/2. Maybe this could be helpful.

You can find it here:
http://www.eigenlabs.com/wiki/Percussion_MIDI_Channel/

This will allow you to use the percussion mode key (check your quick reference guide) to switch to 'MIDI channel selection' mode based on which of the bottom 6 percussion keys you select. Once one of this is activated, the 12 percussion keys can be used to switch to MIDI channels 1-12.

Hope this helps,

Geert

written by: chemicalgift

Sun, 8 Jan 2012 03:54:12 +0000 GMT

Hey all - this may be a very basic question, but I'm not finding exactly what I want in the forums. Do I have to use Belecanto to use patches from an external instrument (like massive) with my Eigenharp? I essentially just want to use my harp as a midi controller. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

written by: chemicalgift

Sun, 8 Jan 2012 04:49:23 +0000 GMT

I should probably clarify - I am already using MIDI channel 1 and 2 in the Tau Factory setup. I am merely wondering how to go about creating a new setup with more MIDI channels.

written by: john

Sun, 8 Jan 2012 08:08:37 +0000 GMT

The Tau Factory setup has two MIDI outs. We have just released our first, experimental 2.0 which in the Pro version subscription does include Workbench, which would allow you to build a setup with just MIDI outs if you wanted to (as many as you like in fact, there's no inherent limitation), but this really is 'experimental' as yet and I wouldn't recommend it to someone new to the Eigenharp at the moment. Give us a couple of months to get it into 'Stable' unless you're feeling very adventurous.

Having said that, Massive is also loadable as an AU or VST. There are 4 AU/VST slots in the Tau factory setup. Using Massive inside one of these will give you considerably better performance than running it in an external host or standalone - you'll get considerably lower latency for a start and in general there will be less CPU load with the high data rates the Tau can generate. Is there a specific reason that you want to run Massive standalone?

John

written by: geert

Mon, 9 Jan 2012 05:58:21 +0000 GMT

Hi,

There's a script you can use to use the remaining 6 percussion keys as MIDI channel selectors for AU/VST 1-4 and MIDI 1/2. Maybe this could be helpful.

You can find it here:
http://www.eigenlabs.com/wiki/Percussion_MIDI_Channel/

This will allow you to use the percussion mode key (check your quick reference guide) to switch to 'MIDI channel selection' mode based on which of the bottom 6 percussion keys you select. Once one of this is activated, the 12 percussion keys can be used to switch to MIDI channels 1-12.

Hope this helps,

Geert

Please log in to join the discussions