Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: EigenD 2.0 First Experimental Release

Most Recent

written by: john

If you have registered your Pico and go to to products/software then you should see a figure for the upgrade cost, just above the products. You need to be logged in. Alternatively you can just add the appropriate upgrade to your basket and go through to the checkout, where it will calculate the exact figure for you.

If you have EigenD with a year of maintenance, that's worth £75 (before taxes). Pro with six months of updates is about £115, so the difference is around £40, before tax. With VAT that'll be around £49, if you're in the EU. The exact figure will vary depending on how much you have left on your maintenance, and is calculated at the point of checkout (before you commit to pay) at the same time as your taxes are worked out.

John

Fri, 6 Jan 2012 18:31:49 +0000 GMT

I am pleased to announce that we've just made our first general, experimental 2.0 release. This is available in two versions, Base and Pro. Pro contains the new graphical tool Workbench for the interactive building of setups. You will either need a subscription to EigenD or EigenDPro to download these. You can buy a subscription here. If you purchased an instrument in the last 12 months you automatically have access to EigenD Base for the remainder of that time.

This is very definitely 'experimental' still. Please note that there are no Factory setups at all, just a couple of example setups, one for the Alpha and one for the Pico (Tau is next on the list but not yet done, if you have a Tau it's not too hard to make one though). It still has known stability issues and so is not suitable for any kind of use when playing with others or in public. As yet there are a number of features planned for 2.0 that are not yet in, including new Agents and a new media install with additional content. The Base level subscription is probably not yet worthwhile as you don't get anything that important on top of what you already have in 1.4, which remains free.

This is not for the un-adventurous. We're making it available because there has been a lot of interest in 2.0 and in particular in Workbench. A number of people have indicated that they'd like us to release it so that they can play, even if we're not convinced it's quite ready.

We've really debated whether or not to do this, particularly as we're charging money for access to it with the implied but not yet true suggestion that it is a finished, stable product. Please be aware that it is not yet finished. Any help and bug reports that you can make on the way to that goal will be gratefully received.

We will not be 'starting the clock' on any purchased subscriptions until 2.0 enters Stable release, so if you buy a 12 month Pro subscription the 12 month period will not start until that point.

As an aside also please be aware that we've made some significant changes to the website at the same time. None of these should have much impact on you, they are mostly 'under the hood' things. There is a new payment backend, changed access and login controls and the new subscription sections. We've tested these as much as we can here but there may be problems now that we've made it live, so if you experience anything odd or wrong while using the site, please let us know and we'll do our best to get it fixed asap.

Have fun...

John

Fri, 6 Jan 2012 19:13:29 +0000 GMT

Just to follow up, there is now a new section on the Wiki for Workbench here. As with the experimental release, it's incomplete as yet.

written by: fzzzy

Fri, 6 Jan 2012 19:27:02 +0000 GMT

Stellar!

written by: carvingCode

Fri, 6 Jan 2012 20:30:51 +0000 GMT

First!

Will say that, after purchasing a Tau and the AAS series of remarkable VSTi's, my music budget is strained. But, I want to support Eigenlabs' work. I've received such great support and am optimistic about the future if the Eigenharp.

I knew I would be subscribing sooner or later, so decided to put off a couple things and jump in early.

Hope all Eigenharpers give serious consideration to supporting what's been going on. Things are light years from just 6 months ago. It's well worth your support.

Randy

written by: barnone

Fri, 6 Jan 2012 22:36:05 +0000 GMT

Just bought a PRO sub myself for the year. I do agree that there has been incredible progress this year.

1.4.11 is an excellent release and what I use to play on daily basis.

2.0 and workbench look fantastic, so I want to support its further development.

One note about the site. I did have an issue which was related to user confusion.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Problem occurred like so....

When entering transaction details, there is an inner frame with a scroll bar. The button to proceed was actually hidden from my view without scrolling that frame. Instead I clicked the "Buy Online" button at bottom right which goes to the Pico page. I didn't realize I had clicked the wrong button as it was logically in the expected place.

That is definitely something other people will do, so I would try to make that somehow clearer.

Now transaction is completed and able to download 2.0.34

written by: jim

Fri, 6 Jan 2012 22:42:12 +0000 GMT

I guess your banks 3D secure frame is bigger than anything I've seen so far.

I'll make the frame bigger and maybe put a note in to explain what's happening.

written by: NothanUmber

Fri, 6 Jan 2012 23:30:00 +0000 GMT

Always get "Error Your order cannot be processed. Please try again later." when trying to buy EigenD Pro. Perhaps the case "user has an instrument that is still in the support time frame, thus has access to EigenD Base and wants to update to EigenD Pro" is not forseen yet?

written by: barnone

Sat, 7 Jan 2012 00:46:49 +0000 GMT

@jim
- snip - not relevant

Thx. Yeah it's the banks button to submit that is hidden.

written by: keyman

Sat, 7 Jan 2012 01:48:05 +0000 GMT

Here I am, again with "my Thumbs up", all of them!! (promise it's the last time I use this expression..)
But I'm clearly happy with all recent events;
-1.4.11 stable on the studio and upcoming show's/concerts
-Stage is always "there" to tweak, fast adjust
- Workbench, the missing link; will allow fantastic configs, no limits

Planing on going for a EigenD Pro real soon (ok after this weekend or so..)

written by: Hodari

Mon, 9 Jan 2012 05:29:46 +0000 GMT

what are the new features? is there a list?

Wed, 11 Jan 2012 14:21:39 +0000 GMT

Not yet, we'll probably publish one once we're into testing as there are still things missing that we intend to add. For base level users it's not much different, the big difference is with the Pro level - you get Workbench. The best way to see if that interests you is to read the initial documentation here. It's not yet complete but does give you an idea of what its all about.

John

written by: carvingCode

Sat, 14 Jan 2012 03:19:12 +0000 GMT

Can you check to make sure the bug reporting form is sending emails to you? Normally, it closes when the send button is clicked. But in the .34 release the form stays open.

Thanks.

Randy

written by: keyman

Sat, 14 Jan 2012 03:52:06 +0000 GMT

Just sent a bug report (improvement sort of list) and
"EigenD quit unexpectedly"

Happens also with no setup loaded... 2.0.34 (no stage and no workbench running)

Sending a bug report about the "Report Bug"

written by: geert

Sat, 14 Jan 2012 08:11:00 +0000 GMT

Yes, there's a problem the bug reporter in 2.0.34, it's been fixed and will be in the next release.

written by: benjamind2008

Sat, 12 May 2012 03:20:04 +0100 BST

I purchased a Tau in March last year, and a Pico about 2 weeks ago.
Will I be able to upgrade to Pro for the 6 months period for no loss?
What will the cost be to move up to EigenD Pro?

Sat, 12 May 2012 09:29:57 +0100 BST

If you have registered your Pico and go to to products/software then you should see a figure for the upgrade cost, just above the products. You need to be logged in. Alternatively you can just add the appropriate upgrade to your basket and go through to the checkout, where it will calculate the exact figure for you.

If you have EigenD with a year of maintenance, that's worth £75 (before taxes). Pro with six months of updates is about £115, so the difference is around £40, before tax. With VAT that'll be around £49, if you're in the EU. The exact figure will vary depending on how much you have left on your maintenance, and is calculated at the point of checkout (before you commit to pay) at the same time as your taxes are worked out.

John

Please log in to join the discussions