Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: Using belcanto to set key colours?

Most Recent

written by: jaself

What specific scripts gave you partial (random) success lighting Pico keys? I tried to adapt techniques recently discussed for Alpha to Pico and Tau, but they depend on defining new mode keys and the trick of selecting one of them at the same time as you select what sounds to play. That doesn't (easily) work on Pico because there are no available mode keys... (lightbulb goes on) Perhaps it could with the nudgers disabled on keys 9 and 18.

However, Ferdinand's MIDI Illuminator does (can) work on Pico to give reference lights for various scales and layouts and to give dynamic lights for as you play them or receive MIDI notes.

written by: Bjoern

Sat, 17 Dec 2011 12:18:04 +0000 GMT

Hello,

some more questions .... :-)

How do I set key colours? There seems to be little in the documentation. I looked at the pico midi script, and tried to pull out the bits relating to colour - and it sure enough made random keys light up :-)

How do I use belcanto to set colours of pico keys?

written by: jaself

Sat, 17 Dec 2011 19:59:47 +0000 GMT

What specific scripts gave you partial (random) success lighting Pico keys? I tried to adapt techniques recently discussed for Alpha to Pico and Tau, but they depend on defining new mode keys and the trick of selecting one of them at the same time as you select what sounds to play. That doesn't (easily) work on Pico because there are no available mode keys... (lightbulb goes on) Perhaps it could with the nudgers disabled on keys 9 and 18.

However, Ferdinand's MIDI Illuminator does (can) work on Pico to give reference lights for various scales and layouts and to give dynamic lights for as you play them or receive MIDI notes.

Please log in to join the discussions