Forum rss-feed

Forum

Help: How cam I separate the Tau from other recorded tracks in Reason?

Most Recent

written by: carvingCode

Just a follow up: When I started using Reaper in January, I was able to do this immediately. In Reaper, I can monitor/record either the MIDI or the direct audio simply by specifying what I want a 'track' to be working with.

I still use Reason, but mostly as a patch source -- record a part from Reason rewired into Reaper. Then, once I'm satisfied, I render it to audio and drop connection to Reason.

Randy

Sat, 10 Dec 2011 04:32:54 +0000 GMT

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I'm using Reason to organize tracks of a tune. Some tracks use Reason patches, some are audio tracks played with VST patches from the Tau. When I record an audio track, all currently playing tracks in the tune get recorded in the track along with the Tau.

Does anyone know how I can record just the Tau on the audio track? When I record the EWI, I'm going thru a M-AUDIO FastTrack Pro - this works as expected. But I'm unable to use the external interface with the Tau. Is there an alternative?

[ Windows 7, EigenD 1.4.8 ]

TIA

Randy

written by: NothanUmber

Sat, 10 Dec 2011 13:59:12 +0000 GMT

Here some options that come to mind:
* The easiest way would be if your soundcard has internal routing capabilities (this is the case e.g. for the RME Babyface where I can route the output I choose in EigenD to e.g. an ADAT input that I can then use in the DAW to record the Tau separately)
* If you have a hardware interface with multiple ins/outs you could just wire a cable from an output to an input (if both are digital you won't even loose quality :) )
* The Virtual Audio Cable does this for every variant and every sound card (http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm, You can try a demo.) Together with ASIO4All you can even use this to connect an ASIO output to a WDM KS input what is handy because ASIO is usually the lowest latency kind of driver that EigenD supports (currently no native kernel streaming support for Windows))

Have fun,
Ferdinand

Tue, 13 Dec 2011 01:45:16 +0000 GMT

Thanks, Ferdinand. And sorry I was late in replying.

I think you may be right that I should try cabling out from the PC into the M-AUDIO. I'm reconfiguring my work area this coming weekend and will give this a go.

Randy

Tue, 6 Mar 2012 14:48:01 +0000 GMT

Just a follow up: When I started using Reaper in January, I was able to do this immediately. In Reaper, I can monitor/record either the MIDI or the direct audio simply by specifying what I want a 'track' to be working with.

I still use Reason, but mostly as a patch source -- record a part from Reason rewired into Reaper. Then, once I'm satisfied, I render it to audio and drop connection to Reason.

Randy

Please log in to join the discussions