Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: First Eigenharp Pico Song

Most Recent

written by: barnone

Nice work.

written by: jacubert

Mon, 28 Nov 2011 01:06:27 +0000 GMT

Please pardon me if I am posting this in the wrong section. Here is a link to my first Eigenharp Pico piece. I am a newbie and received my instrument a week ago. I used Propellerhead Reason 6 with two refills from ewireasonsounds.com - they are fantastic patches and very expressive on the Pico. Comments are appreciated. Thanks.

http://snd.sc/se9gIN

Jeremy

written by: carvingCode

Mon, 28 Nov 2011 02:32:51 +0000 GMT

Nice work. Yes, the ewireasonsiunds refills are great. I got them to use with an EWI, but due to their design to make use of breath control can work well with Eigenharp..

I followed you on Soundcloud. Looking forward to hearing more.

Randy

Mon, 28 Nov 2011 04:54:27 +0000 GMT

Thanks Randy - the kind words are greatly appreciated. I have never played an EWI but the Pico permits an incredible level of control over these sounds. I am trying to figure out how to get the strip controller into the picture.

written by: geert

Mon, 28 Nov 2011 12:01:40 +0000 GMT

Very interesting! Congrats, this is a great first piece!

written by: mikemilton

Mon, 28 Nov 2011 13:18:22 +0000 GMT

Most interesting... How would you compare playing this kind of material on a Pico vs an EWI (You have the Akai?)?

written by: john

Mon, 28 Nov 2011 13:57:52 +0000 GMT

That sounded great, very well done.

John

Mon, 28 Nov 2011 15:14:48 +0000 GMT

Thanks for the comments - the support is greatly appreciated as I dive into this new world. I do not have an EWI or the Yamaha wind controller. I used a Breath Controller on a Yamaha CS01 many years ago and I play a little trumpet but otherwise, I have no experience with wind instruments or controllers. The expressive capabilities of the Eigenharp is astounding.

I am still trying to figure out how to effectively use the pressure strip both in terms of keeping fingers on the keys while using the strip and figuring out what parameters to control.

Jeremy

written by: barnone

Mon, 28 Nov 2011 16:38:20 +0000 GMT

Nice work.

Please log in to join the discussions