Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: Stopping AU/VST loop from following metronome

Most Recent

written by: carvingCode

The Belcanto solved the problem. Thanks!

Sun, 27 Nov 2011 15:33:44 +0000 GMT

How do I stop a loop patch from begin controlled by the EigenD metronome?

I have an Alchemy loop patch 'Battlestar' loaded that I need to start at several different roots in a tune I'm working on. When I add a drum loop, the Alchemy loop starts over every measure when the metronome is on. When off, I can change roots int he loop as needed.

What can I try?

TIA

Randy

PS: Using Tau.

written by: mikemilton

Sun, 27 Nov 2011 16:48:13 +0000 GMT

Could you run Alchemy standalone and block MIDI clock / start / stop / etc (with MIDI Patchbay or MIDIPipe)?

Actually, now that I think of it, this would be a nice add to the midi router (abilities such as those in the programs above, particularly MIDIPipe)

Sun, 27 Nov 2011 17:10:39 +0000 GMT

I only have the plugin version. An option to block the midi clock seems to be a needed feature.

written by: NothanUmber

Sun, 27 Nov 2011 17:37:38 +0000 GMT

Did you get Bidule for use with jBridge? If yes, there are good news, you can also use it to filter midi clock messages:
* add a Midi->Filters->Misc Sysex Filter block
* double click the block
* now you can filter things like "clock", "start", "stop", or "continue"
* connect the sysex filter to midi in, and your plugin between the sysex filter and audio out => done

Another idea: Perhaps it would be easier to disconnect the midi clock agent from the audio unit agent? Should also do the trick.
This is the brute force approach that disconnects both midi clocks from everything - if that's what you want:

plumber hey midi clock 1 un connect
plumber hey midi clock 2 un connect

Sun, 27 Nov 2011 18:53:13 +0000 GMT

Did not get the Bidule/jBridge combo yet, but will try the Belcanto suggestion. Thanks.

Sun, 27 Nov 2011 19:25:44 +0000 GMT

The Belcanto solved the problem. Thanks!

Please log in to join the discussions