Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: Effect VSTs for Windows

Most Recent

written by: carvingCode

I've finally gotten around to adding some VST effects to my setup. Have been relying on the great array in Reason, but wanted to see what I could do natively hooked into EigenD.

I visited VSTPlanet and searched around a bit, downloaded several and auditioned. So far, I've kept 2 reverbs (ModernSpacer - it also has a delay, and GlaceVerb) and one compressor (RoughRider).

The effects VSTs get installed in the same directory as audio VSTs. One of the above, I believe it was RoughRider came with an installer. The others are .dll files that you can drag and drop into the appropriate folder.

They were easy to get up and running, once I figured out what I was doing. For those who haven't yet tried, here's what to do (after downloading and installing an effects VST):

- Load up a sound in AU/VST1
- Open Stage and select the AU/VST1 tab
- Open EigenBrowser
- Click 'Inline FX Plugin Browse
- Select the effects VST you want to apply

The effects VST will open in its own window, just like the audio VST does. You can make adjustments, etc. in the window.

Just a side note: If you save a setup that has both the audio VST and effects VST attached, both will open back up with all of the selections/settings as when you saved the setup.

I'd be interested in effects VSTs others have added to their bag of tricks, free or commercial.

Happy effects!

Randy

written by: carvingCode

Fri, 25 Nov 2011 22:52:30 +0000 GMT

I've finally gotten around to adding some VST effects to my setup. Have been relying on the great array in Reason, but wanted to see what I could do natively hooked into EigenD.

I visited VSTPlanet and searched around a bit, downloaded several and auditioned. So far, I've kept 2 reverbs (ModernSpacer - it also has a delay, and GlaceVerb) and one compressor (RoughRider).

The effects VSTs get installed in the same directory as audio VSTs. One of the above, I believe it was RoughRider came with an installer. The others are .dll files that you can drag and drop into the appropriate folder.

They were easy to get up and running, once I figured out what I was doing. For those who haven't yet tried, here's what to do (after downloading and installing an effects VST):

- Load up a sound in AU/VST1
- Open Stage and select the AU/VST1 tab
- Open EigenBrowser
- Click 'Inline FX Plugin Browse
- Select the effects VST you want to apply

The effects VST will open in its own window, just like the audio VST does. You can make adjustments, etc. in the window.

Just a side note: If you save a setup that has both the audio VST and effects VST attached, both will open back up with all of the selections/settings as when you saved the setup.

I'd be interested in effects VSTs others have added to their bag of tricks, free or commercial.

Happy effects!

Randy

Please log in to join the discussions