Forum rss-feed

Forum

Help: No sound

Most Recent

written by: john

@YoyYoSpin - Neil is going to put a new USB drive in the post to you, so that you have a working one. Please accept my apologies for the hassle - we've had a lot of trouble with those 8G drives and we are changing over to a smaller drive with the media on a DVD shortly as its a lot easier to get small sized flash USB drives that are reliable. We do write and then do a full readback verify on the existing drives, but they tend to behave differently on various computers, which is very annoying as it's impossible to predict.

John

written by: YoYoSpin

Fri, 25 Nov 2011 21:11:42 +0000 GMT

New PICO user - installed Windows software (eigenD 1.3.32-stable), drivers installed, opened eigenD app and loaded factory default setup. Lights are on the Pico, but no sound...help!

written by: NothanUmber

Fri, 25 Nov 2011 21:47:03 +0000 GMT

Did you select the right drivers and soundcard in the EigenD "Audio Settings" dialog? (ASIO has usually lower latency if there are drivers for your soundcard available - otherwise, if WDM Kernel streaming drivers are available you might want to try ASIO4All).
Do you hear something when using another program with the same driver and soundcard?

Fri, 25 Nov 2011 22:09:42 +0000 GMT

Installed the ASIO app, but there was no change.

In the eigenD app, Window/Audio Settings, I have two options: ASIO and DirectX 10. I have tried all configurations allowed under these two options, and still no sound coming from key-press on the Pico. I can get plenty of normal sound from other apps like iTunes, Widows Media Player, etc...

Note that the option besides ASIO is "DirectX 10"...the current run (and what's on my PC) is Direct X 11.

One other thing that seems strange on this new Pico machine...when I press and hold the Main Mode Key, the button lights momentarily light up amber and then turn red, with the one selected key showing green. Is that normal?

written by: NothanUmber

Fri, 25 Nov 2011 22:38:45 +0000 GMT

Hm, did you perhaps select midi out or an empty audio unit slot as instrument?

Which led is lit green when you press the right upper mode key?

Just to be sure it would be good to select the default piano sound. (Press the mode key and then the third playing key below the mode key)

That should work in any case - as long as you installed the resources, what is probably the case if you didn't download the driver separately.
The DX10 mode should also work with Win7 (which comes with DX11)

The light behaviour as you describe it is normal.

written by: geert

Sat, 26 Nov 2011 00:23:19 +0000 GMT

@YoYoSpin since your thumb drive wasn't working, did you also download and install the resources?
http://www.eigenlabs.com/downloads/releases/eigend-resources-100/

Without that, none of the sampler soundfonts, drum loops or VST plugins will be available.

Sat, 26 Nov 2011 01:36:44 +0000 GMT

That did the trick - all software loaded and everything is now working as it should - thanks for the quick follow-ups.

written by: john

Sat, 26 Nov 2011 08:22:51 +0000 GMT

@YoyYoSpin - Neil is going to put a new USB drive in the post to you, so that you have a working one. Please accept my apologies for the hassle - we've had a lot of trouble with those 8G drives and we are changing over to a smaller drive with the media on a DVD shortly as its a lot easier to get small sized flash USB drives that are reliable. We do write and then do a full readback verify on the existing drives, but they tend to behave differently on various computers, which is very annoying as it's impossible to predict.

John

Please log in to join the discussions