Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: Has recording the Eigenharp output gotten any easier?

Most Recent

written by: Kiichi

Thank you ZaPPZion.
I tried what you said, but unfortunentally it did not work. I probably missunderstood something.

It did help me figure it out though, now I have EigenD running on DirectX, with the Audio Cable selected as the (output) device.
In Cubase I selected Asio4All and set the Cable as the input and the soundcard as the output.

This way I can record seperat tracks (I only have to activate monitor sound on the track I am playing on) in the way I wanted.

Finally I figured out how to make my harp do what I bought it for xD

Now if I can only work out that problem with the placement of the sf2 files...cause softlinks don´t seem to work.

Sun, 30 Oct 2011 00:37:10 +0100 BST

Good day,
it´s been quite a while since I have been here.
Had a lot to do with graduation, moving and getting a job etc., plus I musically branched out a little and forgot about my pico (for months I literally forgot it in a moving box xD).

Now I am back an have some musical ideas in my head and wanted to ask you guys if there are any new developments in conveniently recording the pico (really the pico output) in a Windows 7 64 bit with Cubase 4 environement.

I hope there is something in the updates I missed and if there is, could you explain to me how to use it? I am still rather lost in Cubase itself at times, especially when it comes to changing inputs.

Cheers!

PS: Little off topic: Can I now install the software and the sf2 files on another partition than the one where the OS is installed (as one can with basecally any other software)?
This is still a really big problem for me as I am very restricted in size since I own a SSD.

This and the DAW integration are the two main issues is abandoned my pico in the first place, would be great to see them get worked on so I have a reason to figure possibly remaining bugs out and start sending reports in again.

written by: barnone

Sun, 30 Oct 2011 00:43:08 +0100 BST

I would install Jack.

http://jackaudio.org/

This will allow you to route audio easily from EigenD to your DAW.

In general I find Jack and Soundflower(OS X) to be pretty invaluable in general in routing audio between apps.

On the P.S. I don't think so, although, can you create a shortcut linking a local folder to a folder on another HD in WIndows 7? In OS X or Linux this would be a softlink in the FS. Pretty sure Windows has the same capability.

Mon, 31 Oct 2011 10:38:34 +0000 GMT

Thanks for the advice. I tried it and I think it might work when another issue is resolved.
Problem is that my EigenD does not seem to like the Jack ASIO. The sound gets all digital and choppy.
I just send in a bug report and will try to figuere out what to do next, cause I like the possibilitys of Jack.

written by: ZaPPZion

Mon, 31 Oct 2011 20:33:26 +0000 GMT

What about using Asio4All and Virtual Audio Cable? That's how I usually do it. It occasionally gets 'out of sync', but resetting it works for me.

Fri, 4 Nov 2011 10:21:21 +0000 GMT

Sorry for me taking so long to reply.
Thanks for the advice ZaPPZion. Although the price is kinda annoying I am willing to try that.

I just downloaded the software, but canßt quite figure out how to set it.
Could you give me a quick run through? It would be much appreciated.

written by: ZaPPZion

Fri, 4 Nov 2011 23:09:35 +0000 GMT

You could try the free trial for VAC first before purchasing. The trial is fully featured, but it plays a little sound saying demo version or something like that.

After installing Virtual Audio Cable, open its control panel (found in the start menu somewhere). Create a cable (set number of cables), then go to EigenD.

If you're in EigenD, choose your audio driver, set it as Asio4All. In Asio4All (system tray), set the Virtual Audio Cable as your audio out, but make sure it's not selected as audio in, that's really important.

Then in your DAW, choose Asio4All as your driver, set up Asio4All to output to your sound card, and use Virtual Audio Cable audio in as your input. Then you can select the enable record button in your DAW which will basically send the audio through. This last step is not always necessary, some DAWs forward the audio immediately if I'm not mistaken.

Wed, 9 Nov 2011 13:34:57 +0000 GMT

Thank you ZaPPZion.
I tried what you said, but unfortunentally it did not work. I probably missunderstood something.

It did help me figure it out though, now I have EigenD running on DirectX, with the Audio Cable selected as the (output) device.
In Cubase I selected Asio4All and set the Cable as the input and the soundcard as the output.

This way I can record seperat tracks (I only have to activate monitor sound on the track I am playing on) in the way I wanted.

Finally I figured out how to make my harp do what I bought it for xD

Now if I can only work out that problem with the placement of the sf2 files...cause softlinks don´t seem to work.

Please log in to join the discussions